How to search one term in many sdlxliffs?
Thread poster: Christin Lee
Christin Lee
Christin Lee
Local time: 06:17
Jul 31, 2014

Hi there,

I met a problem, there's one term that I found out I translated differently in one big project which includes many sdlxliffs.

After searching in TM, I found those segments which consist of this term, but the problem is there're over 50 sdlxliffs to check and revise. Do I have to open file one by one and make a search? Or maybe there's an easier way to find out which file contains that term?

Please advise~

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:17
English
Two ways at least... Jul 31, 2014

... both using openexchange applications.

Extended Search: free plugin that adds a button to your ribbon in 2014 allowing you to search multiple files and projects

SDLXLIFF ToolkitExtended Search: free plugin that adds a button to your ribbon in 2014 allowing you to search multiple files and projects

SDLXLIFF Toolkit : free tool for Studio 2014 that in addition to many other things will allow you to search or search/replace across as many files and projects as you like. This tool also supports regular expressions.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 00:17
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Quick Merge Jul 31, 2014

In addition to what Paul has already suggested, you can also use the Quick Merge option of Studio to open all the project files in a single Editor window, filter for the required term (not mandatory, but recommended step), and run a search and replace operation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to search one term in many sdlxliffs?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »