Thread poster: Kristina Wolf

Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:54
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Dec 6, 2004

I am translating html files with TagEditor, using the standard DTD provided by Trados (Version 6.5). When I want to save the target file in html format, it does save the file, but does not actually save it in any format. I always have to manually add the "html" extension later. Otherwise everything works fine. Any idea about how to avoid this extra step?

Kristina

Direct link Reply with quote

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Go to Dec 6, 2004

File, Save as, and you will see the option Save target as; here you will see the dialogue box where the arrow allows you to choose (among other options) saving the file as xml. That is it (at least this is how I get the html files in my TagEditor).
Good luck.

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
xml? Dec 6, 2004

mónica alfonso wrote:

File, Save as, and you will see the option Save target as; here you will see the dialogue box where the arrow allows you to choose (among other options) saving the file as xml. That is it (at least this is how I get the html files in my TagEditor).
Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure I should save them as "xml". I thought I needed to save the target as html, that's what the client needs anyway. And that is what I have been doing and it does not work.

Kristina

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Excuse me! Dec 6, 2004

Sorry, in the Save target as dialogue box you only have the choice HTML documents (Target Only). You cannot miss it!
This action changes the HTML you have received from your client. In case you have the Source HTML document when you save, you have to click on Refresh in the HTML file in order to update the source document with the translation.
Hope this works for you too.

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
doesn't work Dec 6, 2004

mónica alfonso wrote:

Sorry, in the Save target as dialogue box you only have the choice HTML documents (Target Only). You cannot miss it!
This action changes the HTML you have received from your client. In case you have the Source HTML document when you save, you have to click on Refresh in the HTML file in order to update the source document with the translation.
Hope this works for you too.

Sounds just like what I've been doing, I don't seemed to have expressed myself too well. I save it in the way you suggest, but the file is not actually saved in html-format, it just is being saved as file without any format at all and I always have to add the .html extension manually after which everything works fine. I was looking for a way to solve that problem.

Kristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving html files in Tag Editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs