Extra Consult
Extra Consult
Belgium
Local time: 06:38
Member (2008)
English
Aug 20, 2014

Hi,

we've received some Powerpoint presentations (*.pptx) with some smartart in them.
They are Venn diagrams with text panes. The text itself is editable in Powerpoint, but Studio 2014 does not extract it with the current filter. (and thus the text remains untranslated in the target powerpoint)

Is there any setting that we may have missed for this? Or is there an updated filter for this?

We are using SDL Studio 2014 Professional SP1 - 11.1.4085.0.... See more
Hi,

we've received some Powerpoint presentations (*.pptx) with some smartart in them.
They are Venn diagrams with text panes. The text itself is editable in Powerpoint, but Studio 2014 does not extract it with the current filter. (and thus the text remains untranslated in the target powerpoint)

Is there any setting that we may have missed for this? Or is there an updated filter for this?

We are using SDL Studio 2014 Professional SP1 - 11.1.4085.0.

Kind regards,
Geert
Collapse

Magnus Eriksson
Magnus Eriksson  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:38
Portuguese to Swedish
+ ...
Similar problem Aug 26, 2015

This is an old post, but I encountered a similar problem in a recent project. Seemingly randomly Trados 2014 SP2 failed to extract the text from certain slides - at least I couldn't see any pattern as to which slides were skipped.

As a workaround I converted the .pptx to .ppt, which Trados handled correctly (all text extracted), and then converted the translated .ppt back to .pptx before delivery.

Would be good to know if this is a known problem with Trados and if there
... See more
This is an old post, but I encountered a similar problem in a recent project. Seemingly randomly Trados 2014 SP2 failed to extract the text from certain slides - at least I couldn't see any pattern as to which slides were skipped.

As a workaround I converted the .pptx to .ppt, which Trados handled correctly (all text extracted), and then converted the translated .ppt back to .pptx before delivery.

Would be good to know if this is a known problem with Trados and if there is a way to solve it without having to resort to the outdated .ppt format. Maybe this is resolved in Studio 2015?

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 - 11.2.4409.10 and Windows 7.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powerpoint SmartArt text

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »