https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/27370-error_message%3A_2_the_system_cannot_find_the_file_specified.html

Error message: (2) The system cannot find the file specified
Thread poster: Talyb Samedov
Talyb Samedov
Talyb Samedov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:34
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 8, 2004

I'm using Trados Freelance 6.5.5.438 (Build 438)
My OS is Windows XP.

I get the above error message when I try to open/get some of the sentences in some of the files. Most of the sentences in the file open without any problems, but just a few of them wouldn't open no matter what I do. This happened when I was using different TMs and files received from different clients.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Aleksandr Surkov
Aleksandr Surkov
Estonia
Local time: 22:34
English to Russian
+ ...
Error message Dec 8, 2004

There is description of mistakes in help's directory. You may identify them by number in error's message.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: (2) The system cannot find the file specified

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »