Thread poster: J Gallagher (X)
J Gallagher (X)
J Gallagher (X)  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:52
English to Finnish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2014

Thought I had perhaps forgotten my password, but when I requested a change for the password, I also got the same error message:

An error has occurred

An email has been sent to support to inform them of the error.

Please try reloading / refreshing this page.

OOS homepage

However, I got the normal emails about Password Updated and Password Reset. When I entered the new password, I got the same message as above.

Somethi
... See more
Thought I had perhaps forgotten my password, but when I requested a change for the password, I also got the same error message:

An error has occurred

An email has been sent to support to inform them of the error.

Please try reloading / refreshing this page.

OOS homepage

However, I got the normal emails about Password Updated and Password Reset. When I entered the new password, I got the same message as above.

Something funny on SDL server or in my Mozilla settings? I actually tried the same on another laptop with IE, both with my personal credentials (I have Studio 2011) and with the credentials of the company I work for (they have Studio 2014), same error message.
Collapse

Florian Betz
Florian Betz
Germany
Local time: 18:52
English to German
+ ...
glad I'm not the only one Aug 31, 2014

Same thing here.
I assume there's some internal problem on their end, probably the server or module that is supposed to check whether a login/password is valid isn't doing its job at the moment, or maybe the admins figured they could get away with some maintenance work on a Sunday..

[Edited at 2014-08-31 12:43 GMT]

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
French to English
+ ...
Same here Aug 31, 2014

I did not forget my password and don't want to change it, so did not go the password reset route.

J Gallagher (X)
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reported to SDL Aug 31, 2014

Thanks for the confirmation. Since others are experiencing the same, uploaded a message to SDL. Hopefully someone will react on Monday.

Fei Ge
Fei Ge
United States
Local time: 12:52
Member (2012)
Chinese to English
+ ...
yes Aug 31, 2014

me too! it won't even let me buy their software. and my old Trados Studio 2011 is saying my old activation key isn't working so I can't use Studio 2011 right now, and it's driving me a little bit nuts because I'm new to the program as it is, and find it to be extremely awesome and almost refuse to do hand translations now that Trados is in my life!!! deadlines to meet this week tho...

Francesca Casanova
Francesca Casanova  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Same thing has happened to me! Aug 31, 2014

Glad to hear I am not the only one (problems with both licence and password)...it is driving me mad. Sent a msg to SDL too.
Cross fingers

elderdk
elderdk  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 01:52
English to Korean
+ ...
No sign of any resolution yet Aug 31, 2014

It's been now longer than 24 hours, as far as I can tell, since their system started to refuse users from logging in. No official word from SDL explaining the situation. I hope this isn't a regular thing with SDL.

Thao Phuong Thi Pham
Thao Phuong Thi Pham
Vietnam
Local time: 23:52
English to Vietnamese
An email has been sent to support to inform them of the error. Please try reloading / refreshing th Sep 1, 2014

I also get this message today when I re-istall my computer. As usual, If I install trados 2011 on my laptop. I do not need to return license when re-installing windows 7. But today, when I do like that, I cannot reach my SDL account to take Activation Code. I cannot access my account with the message " An email has been sent to support to inform them of the error.

Please try reloading / refreshing this page."
Who can help me? This error is caused by SDL company?
Best reg
... See more
I also get this message today when I re-istall my computer. As usual, If I install trados 2011 on my laptop. I do not need to return license when re-installing windows 7. But today, when I do like that, I cannot reach my SDL account to take Activation Code. I cannot access my account with the message " An email has been sent to support to inform them of the error.

Please try reloading / refreshing this page."
Who can help me? This error is caused by SDL company?
Best regards
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
It is working again Sep 1, 2014

Just tried it. The login does work again.

J Gallagher (X)
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Siegfried Sep 1, 2014

Works here too - after I reset the password again, that is, the site had apparently not registered the new password I tried to change to last night.

Francesca Casanova
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Can login now Sep 1, 2014

Hi,
can login now but still cannot use Trados; keep getting the "Could not contact activation server (Error code 0)" msg.

Francesca

Thao Phuong Thi Pham
Thao Phuong Thi Pham
Vietnam
Local time: 23:52
English to Vietnamese
It works now. Sep 1, 2014

It is ok now. I can login and activate my license.

Francesca Casanova
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Yes! Sep 1, 2014

Thank goodness it's all back to normal

artesanapy
artesanapy
Paraguay
Local time: 12:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
I can't login SDL My account. It is happening in every where? :(( Sep 29, 2015

Francesca Casanova wrote:

Thank goodness it's all back to normal

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
What happens? Sep 29, 2015

Hi artesanapy,

I have checked the login and it seems ok. It would help if you could give us some kind of clue about what you are seeing?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL My Account Login does not work

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »