Thread poster: Elena Ghetti

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:28
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 11, 2004

I have a TM which for strange reasons stored the source text in an unlikely and not recognized font, and I would like to replace this font as a whole using database maintenance, I tried a few things but no idea how to do it.

I also tried exporting the tm to txt and have a look inside but trados does not store font information together with segments... can you help me?

also, how can I identify this strange source font? - if you think you can help me I can send you the file
thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

shozayen
Local time: 15:28
English to Arabic
Same Problem Dec 27, 2004

Elena Ghetti wrote:

I have a TM which for strange reasons stored the source text in an unlikely and not recognized font, and I would like to replace this font as a whole using database maintenance, I tried a few things but no idea how to do it.

I also tried exporting the tm to txt and have a look inside but trados does not store font information together with segments... can you help me?

also, how can I identify this strange source font? - if you think you can help me I can send you the file
thanks!

Dear Miss Elena

I have the same problem in arabic TMs but in the target font not the source, u can send me the TM so i can check it,and tell you my suggestions or solution, it is not recommended to send the full TM, you can send me a sample TM that contains some corrupted TUs. (shozayen@gmail.com)

Best regards

[Edited at 2004-12-27 17:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados database maintenance and fonts

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs