Thread poster: Elena Ghetti

Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:56
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 11, 2004

I have a TM which for strange reasons stored the source text in an unlikely and not recognized font, and I would like to replace this font as a whole using database maintenance, I tried a few things but no idea how to do it.

I also tried exporting the tm to txt and have a look inside but trados does not store font information together with segments... can you help me?

also, how can I identify this strange source font? - if you think you can help me I can send you the file
thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

shozayen
Local time: 20:56
English to Arabic
Same Problem Dec 27, 2004

Elena Ghetti wrote:

I have a TM which for strange reasons stored the source text in an unlikely and not recognized font, and I would like to replace this font as a whole using database maintenance, I tried a few things but no idea how to do it.

I also tried exporting the tm to txt and have a look inside but trados does not store font information together with segments... can you help me?

also, how can I identify this strange source font? - if you think you can help me I can send you the file
thanks!

Dear Miss Elena

I have the same problem in arabic TMs but in the target font not the source, u can send me the TM so i can check it,and tell you my suggestions or solution, it is not recommended to send the full TM, you can send me a sample TM that contains some corrupted TUs. (shozayen@gmail.com)

Best regards

[Edited at 2004-12-27 17:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados database maintenance and fonts

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs