[Multiterm 2014] Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes
Thread poster: Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:23
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Sep 21, 2014

Error: Id: 182714, Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

I get the above error when trying to reorganize a 1 Gig termbase. The result is that I "lost" 2% of the terms there.

Using Win7 EN 64bit

Alex Lilo
Alex Lilo
Local time: 19:23
English to Russian
+ ...
Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may Mar 3, 2016

same thing happened just now when i tried to reorganized my 2 gig tm. the file size has changed to very small and multiterm says I now have 0 terms for each language.

i wonder if i can get my terms back.

Using Win7 RU 64bit

apparently, there is a 2 Gig l
... See more
same thing happened just now when i tried to reorganized my 2 gig tm. the file size has changed to very small and multiterm says I now have 0 terms for each language.

i wonder if i can get my terms back.

Using Win7 RU 64bit

apparently, there is a 2 Gig limit which i reached.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-access/cannot-open-database-it-may-not-be-a-database-that/9109c4d9-eb2e-4798-a2bf-919dace97dff?auth=1

[Edited at 2016-03-03 21:02 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Multiterm 2014] Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »