I have 22.214.171.1248. The help-menu consists of a single page, not other content or index does work.
Actually, there's much more context in the Help menu of my TagEditor - are you sure you didn't deactivate something during installation?
I searched at Translation Zone for a guide, but didn't find one.
No need to download: the functions and workflows are explained, in detail, in chapter 8 of the Translator's Workbench Guide, and in the File Formats Reference Guide, both of which are installed with T6.5 (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Documentation).
My concerns at the moment: how and where to change the font of the text in TE
Why would you want to do that? The font is prescribed by the tags in your source document - copy the tags, and the font should be ok. Maybe you could explain why you would need to change the font?
and how to configure the spelling checker(s). Nothing happened with typos and the original spelling checker, and nothing happens with Word's spelling checker.
Taken from TagEditor Help (in the left-hand navigation, follow Navigating the TagEditor Interface - Tools Menu - Plug-ins):
If you are using the Microsoft Word Spelling Checker in TagEditor, you will need to configure the spelling checker options from within Microsoft Word. To configure the spelling checker:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Spelling & Grammar tab.
2. In the Spelling group box, choose the options that you want for the spelling checker:
· Select the Check Spelling as you type check box for automatic correction of misspellings as you type.
· Select Hide spelling errors in this document if you do not want spelling errors to be highlighted by a wavy red line underneath the word.
· Select Always suggest corrections to have Microsoft Word suggest corrections to misspellings.
· Select Suggest from main dictionary only if you do not want Word to suggest spellings from any open Custom dictionaries.
· Select Ignore words in uppercase to skip words containing uppercase characters only, for example, acronyms.
· Select Ignore words with numbers to skip words with one or several numbers, for example, Win95 or Q4.
· Select Ignore Internet and file addresses if you do not want Word to check Internet addresses, file names or email addresses.