Mobile menu

Visual C+++ Runtime Error with Workbench...???
Thread poster: MGL

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:19
Russian to English
Dec 13, 2004

Sorry if this has been dealt with before.
I am using Trados Freelance 6.5 and Multiterm iX.

I am a fairly new Trados user, although I have been subjected to (blessed with?) a number of classes, workshops and seminars on how to use workbench and multiterm iX. I have not previously had any real reason to use Workbench (short, non-repetitive assignments) until recently, when I was presented with a series of long, repetitive documents =)

This weekend I was asked to take some of it home, so I saved my TM and my MultiTerm Glossary on my flash drive and away I went.

Now while MultiTermiX seems to be completely ignoring me, which is OK by me with this particular glossary (which I've already done 10times over, practically have it memorized), Workbench seems to be working OK - temporarily at least.

After going through about 10-15 sentences, give or take, I get a pop-up window that says that "the Runtime has made a request to have this program closed / shut." Once you click on this message, which can and did appear several times before I clicked on it, Workbench closes down. God forbid you have a segment open. The title on the little window of horror says something about C+++ (i'll update my post once i'm bright enough to write down exactly what the window says).

Seems like just reopening Workbench is sufficient for moving on through the next 10-15 segments.

Nevertheless, this is making me uneasy and I'd like it to stop. Also, I would be much obliged if Multiterm iX would acknowledge that its presence has been requested in the Workbench. The project opens just fine separately, what's the deal?

Also, I have had ZERO problems with either program on my work computer, where the MT and glossary were originally compiled and saved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which versions? Dec 13, 2004

Hi MGL,
Sorry, but we need more info...

I am using Trados Freelance 6.5 and Multiterm iX.

Which versions (full version numbers, please, including the build number)?
Are you using identical versions in both environments?
Which file format are you working in? If it's Word, which version?

This weekend I was asked to take some of it home, so I saved my TM and my MultiTerm Glossary on my flash drive and away I went.

Which MTiX files did you transfer?

Best regards,
Ralf

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hmm Dec 13, 2004

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for trying to help me nail this down.

Where/How do I find the exact-exact version? I bought 6.5 when it came out, the installation disc I have says 6.5, that's about all I know. I haven't installed any patches or updates or anything like that.

Yes, the one at work and at home are exactly the same, installed from the same discs.

I am working in Word 2003. Windows XP Home, SP1, no SP2.

as for the exact message I get, i've written it down and it goes like this:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: C:\Program Files\Trados\T65_FL\TT\TW4Win.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the applcation's support team for more information."

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Help - About... Dec 13, 2004

Hi again,
Where/How do I find the exact-exact version? I bought 6.5 when it came out, the installation disc I have says 6.5, that's about all I know. I haven't installed any patches or updates or anything like that.

Which might well be the cause of the problem.

The full version number is shown under Help - About....

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visual C+++ Runtime Error with Workbench...???

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs