How can I split a pre-merged SDLXLIFF file?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:20
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 21, 2014

Hello everyone

A client sent me an SDLXLIFF file which is a merged file. Originally there were about 200 small files, but the client merged them all into one, large SDLXLIFF file and wants me to translate that. However, I find that the file is so big that it slows Trados 2011 down tremendously. I would have liked the client to merge the small files into more than one larger file, but I have no access to the end-client in this case. So... is there a way to split this SDLXLIFF fil
... See more
Hello everyone

A client sent me an SDLXLIFF file which is a merged file. Originally there were about 200 small files, but the client merged them all into one, large SDLXLIFF file and wants me to translate that. However, I find that the file is so big that it slows Trados 2011 down tremendously. I would have liked the client to merge the small files into more than one larger file, but I have no access to the end-client in this case. So... is there a way to split this SDLXLIFF file into, say, ten virtual files (or ten real files)?

Thanks
Samuel

==
Added: I do have access to an installation of Trados 2014, but the version that I own is Trados 2011.

[Edited at 2014-10-21 20:11 GMT]
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 19:20
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You can use SplitSDLXLIFF... Oct 21, 2014

... which is a free application you can download from:

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlxliffsplitmerge-481.html

It works for Studio 2011 or 2014.

In case of having problems for downloading it , just write me in private and I will send it to you.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I split a pre-merged SDLXLIFF file?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »