95% - 99% 37 329 5 0
85% - 94% 16 177 3 0
75% - 84% 11 157 2 0
50% - 74% 41 403 6 0
No Match 247 4,325 64 0
Total 501 6,775 100 0

I hope the above is legible.

1st Q:

Looking at segments only,I don't understand REPETITIONS as a separate item. We have 100% matches on down the line, and if I add up REPETITIONS + 100 + etc + etc, I get 501, so what exactly is a REPETITION, if it's not a 100% match?

I have only started pricing fuzzy, and so far I have priced NO MATCHES at full price and the rest at half price. If you were to apply this system to this analysis, what price would you get? Let's assume that full price is 10 and half price is 5. (I just want to compare with my calculation to see if I'm doing it right.

2nd Q: I have 2 texts, and I would like to see how similiar they are to each other, but Word COMPARE won't compare (says the sentences are too long! + 750 characters). Can I compare 2 texts with Trados, independently of the memory?

TIA:-)
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Your questions Dec 16, 2004

The difference between repetition and 100% match is very easy to understand.
Lets asume, your text consists of ten sentences.
Three of them are identical - so you have 30% repeptitions.
Lets asume further, you translate this text.
Then you get another text of the same kind, consisting of 100 sentences. There are eight sentences, which are identical with the three sentences you have had in your previos text, and which are allready translated. All other sentences are comple
... See more
Then you get another text of the same kind, consisting of 100 sentences. There are eight sentences, which are identical with the three sentences you have had in your previos text, and which are allready translated. All other sentences are completly new (no match). If you go and analyse the new text you should get one sentence 100% match (1%) and SEVEN sentences repetitions (7%), as they are identical with this one, which is 100% match. If you have new text, never translated before, repetitions means simply hom many times an identical segment can be found in that document.
As for charging - I would use a bit different charging options, but this is individual and negotiable.

Regarding your second question: simply create a new TM (it can be kept empty for analysing purposes for new customers for example) and analyse both textes with it. So you will get the comparation you need - here repetitions means how many times a particular sentence (segment) can be found in both documents.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks AGAIN!!!!! Dec 16, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Then you get another text of the same kind, consisting of 100 sentences. There are eight sentences, which are identical with the three sentences you have had in your previos text, and which are allready translated. All other sentences are completly new (no match). If you go and analyse the new text you should get one sentence 100% match (1%) and SEVEN sentences repetitions (7%), as they are identical with this one, which is 100% match. If you have new text, never translated before, repetitions means simply hom many times an identical segment can be found in that document.
As for charging - I would use a bit different charging options, but this is individual and negotiable.

Regarding your second question: simply create a new TM (it can be kept empty for analysing purposes for new customers for example) and analyse both textes with it. So you will get the comparation you need - here repetitions means how many times a particular sentence (segment) can be found in both documents.

Regards
Jerzy

Jerzy

So REPETITIONS are INTERNAL to each text, is that right?

Would you explain about your charging? I am intrigued!

Finally, thanks for the solution to Q2!

Ailish:-)

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:31
English to Chinese
+ ...
You may read this thread... Dec 17, 2004

http://www.proz.com/post/174188#174188

It explains how to find out the fuzzy matches. If you simply analyze two texts against an empty memory, you'll only get repetition statistics.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados analyse

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »