Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:50
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 29, 2014

Hello everyone,
since I reinstalled Studio 2014 on a clean Windows installation, I've been unable to access the Reports view. The corresponding XML file is always created in the project folder, but clicking on the Reports View button will repeatedly display an MS Excel error ("We are sorry, but MS Excel has stopped working correctly and needs to close. Do you want to repair this error now? Buttons: Repair, Help, and Close) and all I can do is to cancel loading the report.

My s
... See more
Hello everyone,
since I reinstalled Studio 2014 on a clean Windows installation, I've been unable to access the Reports view. The corresponding XML file is always created in the project folder, but clicking on the Reports View button will repeatedly display an MS Excel error ("We are sorry, but MS Excel has stopped working correctly and needs to close. Do you want to repair this error now? Buttons: Repair, Help, and Close) and all I can do is to cancel loading the report.

My setup is as follows:
- Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit (fully updated)
- SDL Trados Studio 2014 (fully updated)
- MS Office 2013 Business 32-bit (fully updated)

I suspect it may have something to do with the Microsoft OpenXML SDK, but I am absolutely clueless about what I should do now. Does anybody have an idea?

The error is not critical, but quite annoying.

Thank you!

ETA: I've now noticed that if I run Excel manually, the Reports are displayed correctly in Studio.

[Upraveno: 2014-10-29 16:37 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nobody? Nov 12, 2014

No idea?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
No real idea... Nov 13, 2014

.. but a little suggestion from Fas in the Client Services Team (who also has not seen this before) would be this...

Try the following:

1. Make sure you are able to double click an Excel file and that Excel open without issues
  2. Run a repair of MS Office
  3. Run a repair of 'OpenXMLSDKv2' (ie, run the installer from: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\Dependencies and select ... See more
.. but a little suggestion from Fas in the Client Services Team (who also has not seen this before) would be this...

Try the following:

1. Make sure you are able to double click an Excel file and that Excel open without issues
  2. Run a repair of MS Office
  3. Run a repair of 'OpenXMLSDKv2' (ie, run the installer from: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\Dependencies and select the repair option)

Maybe one of these will help?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Cannot access the Reports View

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »