Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2004

Hi everybody

My computer: 512 MB, Windows XP, Word 2000

I a performin a translation using Trados. I am working on a Word file and using the TM that the agency provided me. So far so good. However, in the middle of the page I cannot open a segment and the following message appears on Trados Workbench: 33353: End of paragraph not found. I have to skip it to go ahead with my translation. I tried to fix it but without success. It's th first time this happens to me.
Your comments will be highly appreciate.
Merry Christmas and the best for the coming year.
Bernadette

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Page break or section break without preceding end-of-paragraph mark? Dec 23, 2004

Hi Bernadette,
Mostly this is caused by a section or page break immediately following the paragraph. Just insert a paragraph mark (hit the Return key); this should rectify it.

Another potential cause & workaround are described in this article on the Trados KB.

HTH, Ralf

Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Everything solved Dec 23, 2004

Hi Ralf

Thank you very much. Everything was sorted out!

Cheers,

Bernadette

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
same situation Nov 7, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Bernadette,
Mostly this is caused by a section or page break immediately following the paragraph. Just insert a paragraph mark (hit the Return key); this should rectify it.

Another potential cause & workaround are described in this article on the Trados KB.

HTH, Ralf

Try this way but the problem persist

After a title Trados stop to open and appears this 33353 message.

some Trados tags are written with the same font as the doc and can not be delete. Repairing was not successful.

All seems normal (Title with Title format and then normal format for the text.

Thks

Toledo

Trados 6.5.5.438
Word 2003

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
Problem solved Nov 7, 2005

In my case was only a view problem.

In Tool/Option/View/Code Fields must be checked, so all references can be see and copy into the target segment.

Rgds

Toledo

Maria Yan
English to Chinese
Same situation May 13, 2008

I have the same problem as yours.
I use Trados 7.0 in MS Word 2007 in Vista operating system. But the prompt "End of paragraph not found" appears. I try to fix it as you said but fail. I have no idea if it is because the unsuccessful connection between WORD and Trados or the failed loading of the trados template.

Your solutions are much appreciated. Thanks

Best regards,

Maria Yan

MexicoTranslate
Mexico
Local time: 00:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem with Trados 7 Freelance and Word 2007 Aug 19, 2008

It happens that I migrate my old and reliable Word 2003 to 2007 and everything is failing. I could load the Trados template into Word 2007 but the message "End of paragraph" appears over and over, also I cannot clean up any document, the same message is showed.
Please, I really need some help!!!!

Trados Freelance 7.0.0.615 (Build 615)
Word 2007 Home edition

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 08:12
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Experienced it too Aug 19, 2008

and got no help from anywhere (have posted it also here on ProZ and did read all I could find on the Subj. here. No advice that worked... ) Besides my optional, legally bought spellcheckers stopped working in Office 2007 (it turned out the only option was to buy new ones), and heaps of other programs turned out to be incompatible with Office 2007.

I solved it by reverting to Office 2003 and I'm living happily ever after. And yes, I installed Office 2007 compatibility pack- so I have no problems with dealing with Office 2007 files.

About the Word 2007 itself- to learn to insert bulleted/numbered text you have to watch 15 minutes tutorial. I watched it 5 or more times and got no wiser. Maybe I'm just plain dumb. And I didn't find any way at all to insert or format vertical text in Word 2007- spent many hours searching and reading Help- if that feature is still present in Word 2007 at all, it is surely well hidden from any possible enemy intelligence services.

Uldis

MBrowne Trans wrote:

It happens that I migrate my old and reliable Word 2003 to 2007 and everything is failing. I could load the Trados template into Word 2007 but the message "End of paragraph" appears over and over, also I cannot clean up any document, the same message is showed.
Please, I really need some help!!!!

Trados Freelance 7.0.0.615 (Build 615)
Word 2007 Home edition

Michael McCain  Identity Verified
France
Arabic to English
+ ...
using SDL Trados Synergy / SDLX is the only workaround in my case May 15, 2009

Vista Home Premium / Office 2007 / SDL Trados 2007 Prof

I get the "33353: End of paragraph not found" message almost systematically.
When this happens, I translate the file in SDLX or using SDL Trados Synergy.

Other bugs I've learned to live with:
- "Would you like to save changes to Trados8.dot" on closing Word.
- MultiTerm Word add-in does not work.
- TagEditor spell check does not work properly.
- Excel files over a certain unspecified size cause WinAlign to freeze.
- Cleaned Word translations still contain Trados colors.
- Target box not visible when translating Word tables
and more that don't come to mind at the moment...

grochman
Russian to English
End of paragraph not found Mar 5, 2014

In my case, the paragraph bordered in its end with a graphic image. Once I have entered a page break in between, the problem was over.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

End of paragraph not found

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs