https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/27906-trados_sdlx.html

Trados & SDLX
Thread poster: AKB
AKB
AKB
English to Spanish
Dec 27, 2004

Can someone please help me? We're using freelancers who are using SDLX and they are sending me back unclean documents with the extension *itd.ttx.

How do I feed these documents into the TM memory?

Thank you,
AKB

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:07
English to Polish
+ ...
I think you can do it this way Dec 27, 2004

AKB wrote:

Can someone please help me? We're using freelancers who are using SDLX and they are sending me back unclean documents with the extension *itd.ttx.

Thank you,
AKB

Open Workbench with your TM and use the cleanup functionality under the Tools menu to cleanup these files into your TM.

But if you send them the original files for translation in a different format, SDLX is capable of producing output in that format, provided that you send them pretranslated RTF files, with unknown sentences segmented as well. Then SDLX can export an RTF file with Trados segments kept.

You (and your translators, too) might also be interested to know that SDL offers a free utility, SDL Exchange, that your translators can use to convert TTX files (if you send them TTX files) to SDLX's ITD format and the other way round. Again, TTX files should be pretranslated with all text segmented.

HTH

Piotr

AKB
AKB
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
More on Trados & SDLX Dec 27, 2004

Piotr, thanks for your reply. I failed to mention that I use Trados (not SDLX). Also, I am not a freelance translator, but manage the translations of my employer. What I have to do after I get the translations back is feed the information into the Trados memory. That's when the problem comes. I know how to clean the *rtf and *doc files with Trados codes, but I am not familiar with files ending with *.itd.ttx. Should I follow what you told me?
THANK YOU!

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

AKB wrote:

Thank you,
AKB

Open Workbench with your TM and use the cleanup functionality under the Tools menu to cleanup these files into your TM.

But if you send them the original files for translation in a different format, SDLX is capable of producing output in that format, provided that you send them pretranslated RTF files, with unknown sentences segmented as well. Then SDLX can export an RTF file with Trados segments kept.

You (and your translators, too) might also be interested to know that SDL offers a free utility, SDL Exchange, that your translators can use to convert TTX files (if you send them TTX files) to SDLX's ITD format and the other way round. Again, TTX files should be pretranslated with all text segmented.

HTH

Piotr

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:07
English to German
Simply clean them as you would clean any other ttx Dec 28, 2004

The ".itd" is just an indication that the file was generated by SDLX. It should clean-up in Trados WB as any genuine TagEditor file does.

Regards,
Stefan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados & SDLX

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »