Trados 2014 Unexpected error when detecting file type for file...
Thread poster: Stefane (X)
Stefane (X)
Stefane (X)
Brazil
Local time: 19:15
English to Portuguese
Dec 18, 2014

Hello everybody!

I have a problem with shared access to a project in Trados. We have a group of 3 people who work on the same project, each on a different user in the same computer. But if I start the project, no one else seems to be able to open it, getting an "access denied" message: "Unexpected error when detecting file type for file D:... The access was denied"

Is this a problem with Trados or with the computer users?

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:15
English to Arabic
File Access denied. Dec 19, 2014

Hi Stefane,

Unfortunately I have not been able to locate a license under your name or email address so cannot be sure which version you are running- Freelance? 2007?2011/2014?
If I understand correctly there are three separate users on the same machine.
1)Admin 2)User2 and 3)User3- If this is the case, then it will be that users 2/3 are not able to access the files as these are only available to the Admin account user as the software will be registered to the Admin user
... See more
Hi Stefane,

Unfortunately I have not been able to locate a license under your name or email address so cannot be sure which version you are running- Freelance? 2007?2011/2014?
If I understand correctly there are three separate users on the same machine.
1)Admin 2)User2 and 3)User3- If this is the case, then it will be that users 2/3 are not able to access the files as these are only available to the Admin account user as the software will be registered to the Admin user only.
Ideally each user will work from their own workstation.

Kr

Steve
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 Unexpected error when detecting file type for file...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »