https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/27978-some_trados_shortcuts_not_working.html

Some Trados shortcuts not working
Thread poster: klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
Equatorial Guinea
Local time: 19:58
Dec 31, 2004

Hi,

I am using Trados 5 Freelance on Windows XP, with Word 97. When working with Workbench AND Multiterm, only a few of the keyboard shortcuts work, (open/close/close and get next) whereas the "get placeable/get term/copy source" shortcuts dont, and for these I have to use the mouse which is slowly killing me, emphasis on slowly. Can anybody tell me what Im doing wrong? (I have Wordfast in there as well, sem to be working on a TRADOS%.dot template,have combed the archives for previo
... See more
Hi,

I am using Trados 5 Freelance on Windows XP, with Word 97. When working with Workbench AND Multiterm, only a few of the keyboard shortcuts work, (open/close/close and get next) whereas the "get placeable/get term/copy source" shortcuts dont, and for these I have to use the mouse which is slowly killing me, emphasis on slowly. Can anybody tell me what Im doing wrong? (I have Wordfast in there as well, sem to be working on a TRADOS%.dot template,have combed the archives for previous answers)
Thanks very much for any help,
Jenny H.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Deactivate the Wordfast template Dec 31, 2004

Hi Jenny,
Sounds as if there's some interference between Trados and Wordfast here - try deactivating the Wordfast template. (Note that this doesn't mean you have to deinstall one when you're using the other - you just need to deactivate the template you're not using.)

HTH, Ralf

klghemil ghseil
klghemil ghseil
Equatorial Guinea
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf, ... Jan 3, 2005

I tried that but unfortunately it didnt make a difference. I aim to try the good old "slegehammer to keyboard" method as soon as the DIY shop opens tommorrow, will report back....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some Trados shortcuts not working

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »