Previous request not yet finish.... searching
Thread poster: Martin Harvey
Martin Harvey
Martin Harvey  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 14, 2005

I am translating a into English a manual on big woodworking machines. Using Trados I must have done something inadvertedly for I keep getting this "previous request not yet finish" and I can't do anything, the translation gets stuck there; on the upper Trados box I have the source language text but no match on the box (where I used to get a 100% match for this unit) below, and in the source language in Word I get this: { } Could anyone help me? I tried to find something out in trados help but wa... See more
I am translating a into English a manual on big woodworking machines. Using Trados I must have done something inadvertedly for I keep getting this "previous request not yet finish" and I can't do anything, the translation gets stuck there; on the upper Trados box I have the source language text but no match on the box (where I used to get a 100% match for this unit) below, and in the source language in Word I get this: { } Could anyone help me? I tried to find something out in trados help but was no use.Collapse

Tadzio (X)
Tadzio (X)
English to Spanish
On your document, click... Jan 15, 2005

Hi Harvey,
On the Menu bar, click "Trados"/"Fix document". Maybe it can be fixed. If not, on the Trados bar, click "Close" ).
Hope it helps.
Tadzio.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:33
English to German
+ ...
Reorganising / recreating TM Jan 15, 2005

Hi Harvey,
On a general note, it would be helpful if you could indicate which software versions you're using (full version number for Trados applications, including the build number, please). Along these lines, what is the database version of your TM?

A few suggestions:

- Reorganise the TM; if that doesn't help, export all units, create a new TM and reimport.
- Deactivate term recognition, and see if the problem persists.
- Check the docu
... See more
Hi Harvey,
On a general note, it would be helpful if you could indicate which software versions you're using (full version number for Trados applications, including the build number, please). Along these lines, what is the database version of your TM?

A few suggestions:

- Reorganise the TM; if that doesn't help, export all units, create a new TM and reimport.
- Deactivate term recognition, and see if the problem persists.
- Check the document you're working on: does is contain revision marks?

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Ronnie Halpern
Ronnie Halpern  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:33
French to English
+ ...
Maybe due to an "r\quote" problem Jan 15, 2005

If you find that Fix document, Reorganise, export the TM and import into a new TM do not solve the problem AND you are working on a version of Trados earlier than 6.5, the problem may be due to an "r\quote" problem.

This is where an apostrophe is replaced by \rquote [single right quote]for whatever reason. In this case, it should be replaced in the export file by the apostrophe [']character, and the amended file should then be imported into a new TM. For this to work, you will have
... See more
If you find that Fix document, Reorganise, export the TM and import into a new TM do not solve the problem AND you are working on a version of Trados earlier than 6.5, the problem may be due to an "r\quote" problem.

This is where an apostrophe is replaced by \rquote [single right quote]for whatever reason. In this case, it should be replaced in the export file by the apostrophe [']character, and the amended file should then be imported into a new TM. For this to work, you will have to ensure you have found and changed every occurence of the right quote character in the export file.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Previous request not yet finish.... searching

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »