Mobile menu

Problems with Trados and Windows XP Service Pack 2?
Thread poster: Sonya Gerisch

Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
Member (2004)
German to English
Jan 19, 2005

Hello,
I posted this in the CAT tool forum as well, so I apologize in advance for any overlap.
Does anyone have any experience with Service Pack 2 and Trados? Any problems?
Thanks,
Sonya

Direct link Reply with quote

Yolande Haneder  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:08
German to French
+ ...
No problem Jan 19, 2005

I must say though that I did an upgrade (with fuly new computer) from Windows 2000 and as a consequence installed the Service Pack 2 before I installed trados. I heard of some people having problem when Trados had already been on the computer. If in doubt, you can always save the TMs, uninstall Trados, install SP2 and then install again trados.

Yolande

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:08
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Definitely no problems with SP2 Jan 19, 2005

Using WinXP Pro on 2 PCs, one running with Office XP and Trados 6.5.2.439, and the second one running Word 95 and Trados 3 (!) with no problem, plus notebook with WinXP Home and Trados 6.5.2.439 with Office XP.

Regards
Jerzy

Eric-André
English to French
No Problem as well Jan 20, 2005

Sonya Gerisch wrote:

Hello,
I posted this in the CAT tool forum as well, so I apologize in advance for any overlap.
Does anyone have any experience with Service Pack 2 and Trados? Any problems?
Thanks,
Sonya

Hello!

My first contribution to this site. I upgraded my computer for the new year and installed Windows XP SP-2 professional and I installed Trados without any problem.

Since it was a new computer I had a problem with my parallel dongle: the parallel port had to be activated in the BIOS.

Éric-André

Haluk Levent Aka
Local time: 19:08
Japanese to Turkish
+ ...
same here Feb 3, 2005

I updated XP with SP2 about 2-3 months ago and Trados FL 6.5 runs as crappy as before. So no problems -I guess...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados and Windows XP Service Pack 2?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs