Thread poster: treno3
treno3
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 26, 2005

Dear All,
Can you please help me?

I'm using word 2003 and trados 6.5.

The problem is that, when I open the segments, the target language is wrong and the spellchecker of word corrects everything thinking in the source language! I tried to select all the file and set uop the target language for everything, but as I open the segment trados reconfigures it in the source language!!!

What can I do ?
Thanks and regards!

anna

[Edited at 2005-01-26 13:47]

Direct link Reply with quote

Darrell Champlin  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Wrong source/target language in the TM Jan 26, 2005

Hi,

It sounds like you've created a TM that has inverted an Source/Target, i.e. you want to translate from English to Italian but your TM is Italian to English, or vice-versa. You will probably just have to create a new TM with the proper source/target language.

Good luck.

treno3
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think that the translation memory is correct... Jan 26, 2005

Dear Darrel,
Thank you so much for your kind answer.

Anyway the translation memory is set in the correct way, in fact the target language is set to Italian like every other memory, but the problem is still there..... the problem seems to be in the Word spellchecker ....maybe it could be a matter of style.... what do you think? and in this case, what could I do?

thanks again!
anna

Darrell Champlin wrote:

Hi,

It sounds like you've created a TM that has inverted an Source/Target, i.e. you want to translate from English to Italian but your TM is Italian to English, or vice-versa. You will probably just have to create a new TM with the proper source/target language.

Good luck.

Darrell Champlin  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try creating a new TM Jan 26, 2005

Hi again.

To make sure, try creating a new TM from scratch (don't import any segments to it) and see if the problem persists. If it does, I suggest using Trados trouble shooting at www.translatonzone.com. The only time I experienced this problem, the TM was indeed inverted. I was trying to translate into English, but the TM was going into Portuguese.

Regards,

Darrell

wrathome
Local time: 10:58
English to German
+ ...
How fix the "wrong target language" issue in Word 2003 Feb 3, 2005

Hi everyone,

I experienced the same problem until I went to "Tools" "Set Language" and unchecked "Language Auto Detect" ("Extras - Sparche - Sprache festlegen - Sprache automatisch erkennen" for those of us who use the German version...)

I really love Office products and their preposterous default settings: this tokk me one hour to remedy.

Greetings from Northern Germany .-}

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wrong target language in spellchecker when I open the segment

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums