Thread poster: Roberto Cavalcanti
Roberto Cavalcanti
Roberto Cavalcanti  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:47
English to Portuguese
Jan 27, 2005

Hello
I'm trying to use T-Win for Power Point and I open Trados Workbench and then T-Win, then I open the file within T-win. When I click the flagman button to start translating I get the message: "Error 339 Initializing error", when I click close I get another message in Portuguese which is my sistem's language, this message translated to English would be: "Execution time error '91': The object's variable or a variable of the block 'With' was not defined".
My Trados version is 6 and
... See more
Hello
I'm trying to use T-Win for Power Point and I open Trados Workbench and then T-Win, then I open the file within T-win. When I click the flagman button to start translating I get the message: "Error 339 Initializing error", when I click close I get another message in Portuguese which is my sistem's language, this message translated to English would be: "Execution time error '91': The object's variable or a variable of the block 'With' was not defined".
My Trados version is 6 and operating system is Windows XP.
Has anyone had the same problem? Is there a solution to it?
Regards
Roberto Cavalcanti
Brazil
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:47
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to use TAG Editor instead Jan 27, 2005

AFAIR it supports direct translation of Powerpoint files.
Bear in mind, that after opening it may take some time (even several minutes), until TAG Editor will open the file - this is not a bug! TAG Editor is writing TAGs at this time.
After having translated the ppt file you will need to save it (Save target as...) and then perhaps reformat in PPT, but still it is better and easier as to usue T-Window.

Additional, you mig
... See more
AFAIR it supports direct translation of Powerpoint files.
Bear in mind, that after opening it may take some time (even several minutes), until TAG Editor will open the file - this is not a bug! TAG Editor is writing TAGs at this time.
After having translated the ppt file you will need to save it (Save target as...) and then perhaps reformat in PPT, but still it is better and easier as to usue T-Window.

Additional, you might be interested in reading this article:
http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1219

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Roberto Cavalcanti
Roberto Cavalcanti  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:47
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Feb 1, 2005

Jerzy

Many thanks for the tip and for the link.
Roberto Cavalcanti

Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem-error 339 Mar 21, 2008

Hello everyone:

Can someone help me, please?

I am having the same problem. I am new with Trados and I'm learning by myself with the user's guide, forum, tutorials,... but there is something I'm not managing...

I have a Power point file and would like to translate it using Trados. My version is Trados 6 Freelance (operating system Windows 2000).

Tag Editor doesn't help much because after opening the source file with Power point (2000) I
... See more
Hello everyone:

Can someone help me, please?

I am having the same problem. I am new with Trados and I'm learning by myself with the user's guide, forum, tutorials,... but there is something I'm not managing...

I have a Power point file and would like to translate it using Trados. My version is Trados 6 Freelance (operating system Windows 2000).

Tag Editor doesn't help much because after opening the source file with Power point (2000) I can only save it as an "rtf" file and what I then get with Tag Editor is the same part I got copying and pasting in Word, but I still have a lot of text frames in the presentation which don't appear.

When I open T-Win for Power Point, the Flagman icon appears, but not the Trados menu. If I double-click the Flagman, I get exactly the same error as Roberto: Initialising error 339 and time error 91. As this post is quite old, the link posted by Jerzy does not appear any more.

Ralf Lemster, I have also seen some threads answered by you dealing with the same thing, but I still don't find the solution to my problem. If you are still the moderator, could you please give me a hint?

Thank you very much in advance,

Verdeflor
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Upgrade required Mar 21, 2008

Hi Verdeflor,
I'm still the moderator of this forum, and I'm happy to help - but sorry, I don't provide support...

Tag Editor doesn't help much because after opening the source file with Power point (2000) I can only save it as an "rtf" file and what I then get with Tag Editor is the same part I got copying and pasting in Word, but I still have a lot of text frames in the presentation which don't appear.

IIRC TagEditor 6.0 did not yet support PowerPoint.

Looks like it's high time for an upgrade.

Regarding the 'text frames' you're referring to: if these are embedded graphics objects in PowerPoint, TagEditor won't pick them up either. If my assumption is correct, I would suggest to search the forums for topics dealing with the handling of graphics.

Sorry...
Best regards,
Ralf

Verdeflor
Verdeflor
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you - Problem solved Mar 21, 2008

At least for the moment I will still work with the old version I have... when I finnish my work I'll see what I can do.

I have been searching in the forum for threads dealing with the error 339 and I found out that a solution could be the registration (you gave that suggestion in one of them, Ralf). It worked!!!

Thanks again

Verdeflor

[Edited at 2008-03-21 22:07]

[Edited at 2008-03-21 22:35]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Win Power Point

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »