Thread poster: Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie
Andries Conradie  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:37
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2015

My "second computer" on which my second Studio 2014 application used to run, crashed and the complications were so complex that I had to reset to the factory settings BEFORE I COULD RETURN MY LICENSE. I downloaded and installed the Studio files from my account, but am blocked from using it because of the licensing issue, i.e. the license I used and could not return. I have been searching the SDL facilities on my account for help and assistance with no avail. I am desperate to solve the Problem b... See more
My "second computer" on which my second Studio 2014 application used to run, crashed and the complications were so complex that I had to reset to the factory settings BEFORE I COULD RETURN MY LICENSE. I downloaded and installed the Studio files from my account, but am blocked from using it because of the licensing issue, i.e. the license I used and could not return. I have been searching the SDL facilities on my account for help and assistance with no avail. I am desperate to solve the Problem because I want to stat with Studio 2015 on both my computers.
The Support File Form does not load .... Surely, I am not the first person with such a problem! Can somebody help please!
Kind regards
Andries
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:37
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Have you tried to return the lisence on your page on the net? Jul 27, 2015

Usually you should be able to go to your account page on SDL's web site and return the lisence there, as you are not the first who have experienced that problem (I have done so quite a few times through the years, and have done successfully so far). So it should no longer be necessary to return the lisence in the program itself, even though it is the preferred way of doing it.

But if you have activated the lisence for Studio 2015, you may be in for a problem, since it deactivates th
... See more
Usually you should be able to go to your account page on SDL's web site and return the lisence there, as you are not the first who have experienced that problem (I have done so quite a few times through the years, and have done successfully so far). So it should no longer be necessary to return the lisence in the program itself, even though it is the preferred way of doing it.

But if you have activated the lisence for Studio 2015, you may be in for a problem, since it deactivates the lisence for 2014.

If you really want to use Studio 2015 and not 2014, can't you just install 2015 and activate it, collecting the lisence code from your account online?
Roy

[Edited at 2015-07-27 10:18 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 licensing - Computer complications before I could return license

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »