How to find out the analysis statistics of the translated words in an ongoing project?
Thread poster: tesin
tesin
tesin
China
Jul 30, 2015

Hi all,

I am working on a project using Trados Studio and the original analysis statistics of the project is:
context match+100%: 13261
95%-99%: 967
85%-94%: 739
75%-84%: 406
50%-74%: 321
new: 2356

After translating for one day, the client told us to stop the translation because they had sent me the wrong file. The project is not finished yet. The client is willing to pay for the words which have already been t
... See more
Hi all,

I am working on a project using Trados Studio and the original analysis statistics of the project is:

After translating for one day, the client told us to stop the translation because they had sent me the wrong file. The project is not finished yet. The client is willing to pay for the words which have already been translated. The problem is we don't know the analysis statistics of the translated words.

Is there a way to know the analysis statistics of the translated words in an ongoing project?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tesin
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:09
German to Turkish
+ ...
projects view-confirmation statistics tab Jul 30, 2015

would provide you the current statistics.

tesin wrote:

Hi all,

After translating for one day, the client told us to stop the translation because they had sent me the wrong file. The project is not finished yet. The client is willing to pay for the words which have already been translated. The problem is we don't know the analysis statistics of the translated words.

Is there a way to know the analysis statistics of the translated words in an ongoing project?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tesin

Elif Baykara Narbay
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
You can also use the "Translation Count" Jul 30, 2015

under Batch Tasks.

tesin
tesin
China
TOPIC STARTER
what I want to know is the detailed statistics of the translated words Jul 30, 2015

Hi Elif,

Thanks for your suggestion, but what I want to know is the analysis statistics of the translated words. The confirmation statistics tab can only tell the total number of the translated words, not the detailed statistics.
For example, I have translated totally 9000 words. In the 9000 words, I want to know the number of words that are from the 100% matches, 95%-99% matches, and so on.

Thanks in advance,
Tesin

Elif Baykara wrote:

under Batch Tasks.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:09
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Automatic analysis, manual subtractions Jul 30, 2015

tesin wrote:

what I want to know is the analysis statistics of the translated words.

You could run the "Analyze files" under batch tasks and compare the matches with the original analysis.

The differences in each fuzzy range and for 100% etc. between the old and new analysis should tell you what you've translated.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Türkiye
German to Turkish
+ ...
I think I see your point. Jul 30, 2015

While you translated the file, you also modified the TM, so a new analysis or a translation count does not provide the figures you want to see.

I believe that it is not your problem to find out these numbers nor spend you valuable time. The client should handle that. As the number of CM+100% matches is fixed, you can simply subtract this number from the number of translated words and the rest with fuzzy matches should not be a problem for the client.

But if you are dete
... See more
While you translated the file, you also modified the TM, so a new analysis or a translation count does not provide the figures you want to see.

I believe that it is not your problem to find out these numbers nor spend you valuable time. The client should handle that. As the number of CM+100% matches is fixed, you can simply subtract this number from the number of translated words and the rest with fuzzy matches should not be a problem for the client.

But if you are determined to do this, there may be way (but I am not sure):

1. You have a project (1) with source file A and it is translated to some extent.

2. You have an original intact (TM 1). This (TM 1) is the TM you had at the very beginning. You have a (TM 2), the TM derived from (TM 1) via updates during translation.

3. If you have a copy of the (TM 1) - without any updates, prepare a new project (project (2) using the translated file from (1) as your source file. In this new project, make sure that you use the (TM 1).

4. Analyze your translated file (source file for project (2) using the (TM 1). You will again get the fuzzy statistics and maybe you can deduct some useful info.

Good luck.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find out the analysis statistics of the translated words in an ongoing project?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »