Mobile menu

Trados won't start segment with capital letter using voice recognition
Thread poster: alfonso5
Local time: 16:30
English to Spanish
Jan 31, 2005

I have a small issue with trados and would like to know if there is a solution or someone else has encountered: I use voice-recognition software "Naturally Speaking 7", which works just fine with any word-processing environment, including MS Word 2000. The problem is that when I use it to translate within the MS Word environment of Trados, the begining of the segment will not start with a capital letter by default. Before I actually dictate the translation, I have to say the macro "Caps" in order to have the segment start with a capital letter, which becomes really annoying. I would very much appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Direct link Reply with quote
Gary Daine
English to Spanish
+ ...
Turn off hidden text... Feb 1, 2005

If you have hidden text visible, DNS doesn't realise you're starting a sentence. Keep it hidden and it works fine (at least with Word 2000, which is what I use).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados won't start segment with capital letter using voice recognition

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs