Mobile menu

XML DTD FILE
Thread poster: Beth M F Garcia

Beth M F Garcia  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:38
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 1, 2005

I have just been given a project to complete using an .ini file supplied by the company, however when previewing the page I get the following error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'dt'. Error processing resource 'file:///G:/Translations/ProTraining/Project 1/Te...

MENU-010
-----------------------------------------...

Any suggestions? Please note that I am a newbie with TagEditor.

Thanks.

[Edited at 2005-02-01 00:25]

[Edited at 2005-02-01 00:30]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:38
English to German
+ ...
Correct .ini file selected? Feb 1, 2005

Hi Beth,
Can you check whether the .ini file supplied by your customer has actually been selected? Go to Options - DTD Settings and check if (i) the .ini file is shown there; and (ii) if it is, whether it's selected.

Best regards, Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Beth M F Garcia  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:38
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XML DTD FILE Feb 1, 2005

Hi Ralf,

Yes, it has, in both Workbench and TagEditor.

B


Direct link Reply with quote
 

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 06:38
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Viewer Feb 1, 2005

Hello,

maybe your client have programmed a viewer for the xml files.

Another possibility is to send the translation to your client for publishing and resend a pdf file.

In standard configuration the preview of TagEditor uses the Internet Explorer. If there is no style sheet for your xml file available, the Internet Explorer maybe cannot display the correct layout of the xml file.

Hans


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Beth M F Garcia  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:38
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XML DTD FILE Feb 1, 2005

DSC wrote:

In standard configuration the preview of TagEditor uses the Internet Explorer. If there is no style sheet for your xml file available, the Internet Explorer maybe cannot display the correct layout of the xml file.

Hans


Hello Hans, Thanks for your reply. If I opened the source or target or cleaned file in Dreamweaver and clicked on the preview option would I be able to see it or does the same style sheet problem occur? I have tried to view it this way and get the same error. So if it applies also while previewing in DW then it is probably what you are saying.

Also, if this is the case, can I still continue to translate the files as usual?

Regards,

Beth

[Edited at 2005-02-01 09:03]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:38
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
No worry Feb 1, 2005

Hi Beth,

I came across this error message a few weeks ago and made a screenshot for my client to diagnose. He said that to preview they would have to send me another file and they chose not to. I cleaned the file and everything was just fine. No worry.

Zhoudan

Beth Fagnant wrote:

I have just been given a project to complete using an .ini file supplied by the company, however when previewing the page I get the following error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'dt'. Error processing resource 'file:///G:/Translations/ProTraining/Project 1/Te...

MENU-010
-----------------------------------------...

Any suggestions? Please note that I am a newbie with TagEditor.

Thanks.

[Edited at 2005-02-01 00:25]

[Edited at 2005-02-01 00:30]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Beth M F Garcia  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:38
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XML DTD FILE Feb 1, 2005

Zhoudan wrote:

Hi Beth,

I came across this error message a few weeks ago and made a screenshot for my client to diagnose. He said that to preview they would have to send me another file and they chose not to. I cleaned the file and everything was just fine. No worry.

Zhoudan



Hi Zhoudan - that is good to know - Thank you!


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML DTD FILE

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs