Mobile menu

Problem by reimport isc-file in Indesign!
Thread poster: laurenzze2000
laurenzze2000
Local time: 16:31
German to French
Feb 4, 2005

Hello,
I’m new here…
I have an InDesign document I need to translate . I'm using InDesignCS and Trados 6.5. I've installed the Story Collector for InDesign, and managed to extract an ISC file for translation in TagEditor. However, when I try to import the ISC back, the program (InDesign) crashes, without telling me why.
I've tried importing the ISC immediately after the export, with the same effect, so I know the problem isn't something TagEditor introduced.

Does anyone has any info to share about this?

Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
You need to use the CS story collector Feb 4, 2005

while using InDesign CS. There is a special plug-in, that can be downloaded at Trados site. If you still have problems, try out third party plug-ins, if the problem persists, check whether the InDesign file layout is consistent, how was it done. If InDesign still crashes, there may be insufficient memory in your system, InDesign needs lots of it, as the file normally become big, you may need to increase the file swap size.Rgds, Brandis

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
TOCs Feb 7, 2005

laurenzze2000 wrote:

Hello,
I’m new here…
I have an InDesign document I need to translate . I'm using InDesignCS and Trados 6.5. I've installed the Story Collector for InDesign, and managed to extract an ISC file for translation in TagEditor. However, when I try to import the ISC back, the program (InDesign) crashes, without telling me why.
I've tried importing the ISC immediately after the export, with the same effect, so I know the problem isn't something TagEditor introduced.

Does anyone has any info to share about this?

Thanks,

Assuming you ARE using the correct version of StoryCollector, you might want to delete the table of contents from the InDesign file and then try the import again. (TOCs can easily be re-created later.)
StoryCollector for InDesign is notorious for having problems with cross-references/links in large documents.

HTH,
Benjamin

(P.S.: Ideally, you should delete the TOC before exporting the file and starting to translate, but the way described above should work, nonetheless. It may throw an error message or two, but if the result is okay, who cares. Right? )

Aleksandr Okunev
Local time: 18:31
English to Russian
Version compatibility Feb 7, 2005

laurenzze2000 wrote: when I try to import the ISC back, the program (InDesign) crashes, without telling me why.

I guess your InDesign is too old for your Trados (?)
I would consider trying it on another system and/or InDesign version. Moving Story collector is a matter of copying several plugin files, 482 kb, will fit on a floppy.
I'm not sure at all, though...
Good luck

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
CS Feb 7, 2005

Aleksandr Okunev wrote:
I guess your InDesign is too old for your Trados (?)

No, that's not it. InDesign CS (a.k.a. InDesign 3) is the latest version available...

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Known Problems Feb 7, 2005

Hello,

try the following:

If there are generated contents in the InDesign file you can try:
Got to the first generated contents entry in the ttx file, open the segement and remove the translation (Ausgangssegment wiederherstellen.
Do the same for the last entry of the contents part.

Search for < and > chars and replace them by \< and \>.

Resave the translated isc file.

Hope it helps

With kind regards

Hans

[Edited at 2005-02-07 12:40]

laurenzze2000
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 9, 2005

It runs! I have simply delete the contents in the InDesign file for export and it runs! Thank you all!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem by reimport isc-file in Indesign!

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs