Thread poster: Jens Lindén
Jens Lindén
Jens Lindén  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:47
Member (2013)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 11, 2015

As the heading reads: I (maybe somewhat hastily) upgraded my system to Windows 10, thinking that it could hardly be worse than Windows 8. Things have worked reasonably well up until now, but after the last Windows update, Studio 2014 simply refuses to boot.

The following Error Message appears:

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started

So, I restored
... See more
As the heading reads: I (maybe somewhat hastily) upgraded my system to Windows 10, thinking that it could hardly be worse than Windows 8. Things have worked reasonably well up until now, but after the last Windows update, Studio 2014 simply refuses to boot.

The following Error Message appears:

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started

So, I restored the system to a point before the update, and now it works again. Any ideas what this can be about?

I realize it can be difficult to give a good answer without info about the specific updates, but I'm just wondering if this problem may have occurred before and/or if anyone here has experienced the same issue.

[Edited at 2015-09-11 12:40 GMT]
Collapse

Catarina Lopes
Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:47
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same problem Sep 11, 2015

Hi JensL,

I had the exact same error message after upgrading to Windows 10. I never understood what caused it but the problem disappeared when I installed Studio 2015.

Pleas
... See more
Hi JensL,

I had the exact same error message after upgrading to Windows 10. I never understood what caused it but the problem disappeared when I installed Studio 2015.

Please see my post here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/290036-«service_‘sdltranslatiostudioalignmenteditorialignmenteditorservice’_could_not_be_started».html

Maybe there is another way to fix this. Please see also this post:
https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/solutions/customer_experience_cloud/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/4970

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Catarina
Collapse

Jens Lindén
Jens Lindén  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:47
Member (2013)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 11, 2015

Thanks Catarina and apologies to the moderators for posting about an existing topic.

Upgrading to 2015 is not an option for me right now, it practically feels like I bought 2014 yesterday. So let's see if these other avenues could work, or perhaps I'll just hold on with the Win updates for a while.

[Edited at 2015-09-12 13:12 GMT]

MagdolnaC
MagdolnaC
Romania
Issue solved Dec 18, 2015

I had the same issue, it seems that the issue was caused by a Faulty Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installation, after updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
I uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 from Control Panel, reinstalled from C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\Dependencies\2010_vcredist_x86, restarted the PC.

I hope this helps.

Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Local time: 13:47
Hebrew to English
Woke up to the same problem. fixes do not work Dec 20, 2015

Hello everyone.

I woke up this morning to discover the exact same problem. Windows 10 had updated itself overnight and now SDL Trados Studio 2014 will not start. I get the same error message:

"Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started"

I have tried all of the suggestions for fixes, and have logged a KB request, but nothing has worked. I uninstalled the only updates I could find that changed the system d
... See more
Hello everyone.

I woke up this morning to discover the exact same problem. Windows 10 had updated itself overnight and now SDL Trados Studio 2014 will not start. I get the same error message:

"Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.AlignmentEditor.IAlignmentEditorService' could not be started"

I have tried all of the suggestions for fixes, and have logged a KB request, but nothing has worked. I uninstalled the only updates I could find that changed the system definitions overnight, but I still get the same message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Studio three times.

I have manually deleted the xml files from C://Users/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/SDL/SDL Trados Studio/11.0.0.0 but to no avail.

I have renamed that final folder and I still get the same message.

I need to work here, urgently, and I fear that by the time I get a response to the KB request, my client will have abandoned me for someone else whose machine actually works.

Are there any other suggestions to fixing this? I'm kind of desperate and really frustrated here.

I have been working with Trados since 2001, so I am not a newbie.
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:47
English to Arabic
Woke up to the same problem. fixes do not work Dec 21, 2015

Hi Daniel,

I can see you have just upgraded- has this fixed the issues or do you still need assistance?

Kr

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open Studio 2014 after last Win 10 update

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »