Trados Studio Freelance Plus - deactivate extra activation?
Thread poster: Hendrien Stobbe
Hendrien Stobbe
Hendrien Stobbe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:46
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 22, 2015

Dear colleagues,

About a year ago, I had technical problems with Trados Studio Freelance Plus on a new computer (couldn't open Trados), got support from Trados, but they couldn't solve the problem either, so on their advice I ultimately resolved it by completely reinstalling Windows on this 'new' computer and thus 'destroying'/removing everything on its harddisk. The version of Trados on this malfunctioning computer was the 'extra activation'. Because of the reinstalling of Windows
... See more
Dear colleagues,

About a year ago, I had technical problems with Trados Studio Freelance Plus on a new computer (couldn't open Trados), got support from Trados, but they couldn't solve the problem either, so on their advice I ultimately resolved it by completely reinstalling Windows on this 'new' computer and thus 'destroying'/removing everything on its harddisk. The version of Trados on this malfunctioning computer was the 'extra activation'. Because of the reinstalling of Windows, this couldn't be deactivated anymore.
The original activation was on my 'old' computer. I then deactivated the original activation from my 'old' computer and activated it on the 'new', now functioning, computer.
As a result, both Trados-versions/activations are activated on/linked to the 'new' computer.
Now, my problem/question is: How do I get the 'extra activation' deactivated, so that I can actually use this 'extra activation' on a second computer?
I worked my way through the Trados website, with no result, nothing about problems with the Freelance Plus extra activation, when I try to get a support ticket, I seem to be running in circles.

I hope someone has a solution, thanks in advance.
Hendrien
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Raise a ticket if you can't do this yourself Sep 22, 2015

Hi Hendrien,

You have not told us what version you are using and it does make a difference. You mentioned a year ago so I'll run with 2014. You can reset your own license by using the Self Service option in your MySDL account for SDL Trados 2011 and SDL Trados Studio 2014.

Go to KB article #5196 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5196 ) and follow the instruct
... See more
Hi Hendrien,

You have not told us what version you are using and it does make a difference. You mentioned a year ago so I'll run with 2014. You can reset your own license by using the Self Service option in your MySDL account for SDL Trados 2011 and SDL Trados Studio 2014.

Go to KB article #5196 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5196 ) and follow the instructions.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Hendrien Stobbe
Hendrien Stobbe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked! Sep 23, 2015

Hi Paul,

It worked and I have my extra activation back, I'm so relieved, thank you very very much!

Kind regards,
Hendrien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio Freelance Plus - deactivate extra activation?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »