Thread poster: Moofi
Moofi
Moofi  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:26
Polish to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2005

Hi guys,

I'm getting the above error message in TW when I try to Clean Up the documents I'm working on at the mo.

Both the documents and the TM are stuffed full of hard work, so I can't understand why Trados thinks anything is empty.

Tried the KB at the official site and a forum search here, plus a bit of heavy Googling, but to no avail. Was wondering if anyone's had this before?

The usual plethora of "Fix Document" and killing all the bookmar
... See more
Hi guys,

I'm getting the above error message in TW when I try to Clean Up the documents I'm working on at the mo.

Both the documents and the TM are stuffed full of hard work, so I can't understand why Trados thinks anything is empty.

Tried the KB at the official site and a forum search here, plus a bit of heavy Googling, but to no avail. Was wondering if anyone's had this before?

The usual plethora of "Fix Document" and killing all the bookmarks (there were none anyway) hasn't worked! Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Specs:
Win XP sp1
Trados 6.5.5.438 (Build 438) Freelance
Word 2003

[Edited at 2005-02-11 13:12]
Collapse

mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados has some mysteries I cannot understand either. Feb 11, 2005

However, if you want to clean the file you may use a Word macro for this purpose.
It works, and it does not (almost) change any formating in Word.

To use it press ALT+F8 and then select tw4winClean.Main and let it run.

That´s all - there should be no errors, it runs very quick.

Be aware that in fact you do not actualise your TM in this way, so if you need to do some changes on translation units, this must be done BEFORE cleaning by means of OPENI
... See more
However, if you want to clean the file you may use a Word macro for this purpose.
It works, and it does not (almost) change any formating in Word.

To use it press ALT+F8 and then select tw4winClean.Main and let it run.

That´s all - there should be no errors, it runs very quick.

Be aware that in fact you do not actualise your TM in this way, so if you need to do some changes on translation units, this must be done BEFORE cleaning by means of OPENING a TU (ALT+POS1) and properly closing it with saving in TM (ALT+END).

Hope to have helped you somehow.

Mónica
Collapse

Moofi
Moofi  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is, indeed, a Title. Feb 11, 2005

Woo! That's a new one! Thanks very much Monica, I've made a note of this and have added it to my armoury of tools for fixing the ludicrously over-priced and under-whelming Trados!

Thanks again!

Natalia Kreczmar
Natalia Kreczmar
English to Polish
+ ...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Jun 10, 2006

Thanks for the amazing help. I was trying to clean my document manually when I stumbled accross your very helpful comment.
Once more big thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"(50101): File Empty"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »