Mobile menu

TagEditor Server Application Error
Thread poster: xxxdestinyangel
xxxdestinyangel
Local time: 23:27
English to Estonian
+ ...
Feb 12, 2005

Hello, I'm using Trados 6.5 and I was trying to translate an Excel file in TagEditor, but it does not open the file in there. Instead, I am getting a message (80005) Connection with server application error: The server threw an exception.

HELP!!!! HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Thank You for your time!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:27
English to German
+ ...
Registered the software? Feb 12, 2005

Hi Angelina (?),
Hello, I'm using Trados 6.5

...which version (go to Help - About... to find out)?

and I was trying to translate an Excel file in TagEditor, but it does not open the file in there. Instead, I am getting a message (80005) Connection with server application error: The server threw an exception.

This may indicate a communications problem between different software components. If restarting the computer doesn't help, you may want to try (re-)registering Trados applications (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5).

HTH, Ralf

xxxdestinyangel
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 12, 2005

Thank you for your reply. My Trados is 6.5.2.417. I have tried to restart my computer few time, but this did not help. Also tried to register again, that did not help either. However, I managed to get it work on my lap top, so technically I am ok now, and can still finish my work. Though, i still have not managed to solve the problem on my other cpu.

Thank you for your time and input!!!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:27
English to German
+ ...
Trados KB Feb 12, 2005

Hi again,
I entered the error number in the Trados Knowledge Base and foundthis article. Although the problem described there refers to WinAlign, the issue might be the same.

HTH, Ralf

xxxdestinyangel
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again Feb 12, 2005

Yes that may really be the solution, however, my Office is older than 2000 and the detect and repair does not work with any Office older than that. But since my Laptop has Office 2000, I think that is the reason why my fail finally started to work there.

Thank you for your time!!!

Terejimenez  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
The server threw an exception Trados 6.5 error May 10, 2007

I am trying to translate a file using a TM and have been unable to translate the file. I keep getting the "The server threw an exception" error, and then the file closes.

Have tried all former recommendations given in the forums without success.

Does anyone know how can I fix this problem ?

Thank you very much for your help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Server Application Error

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs