Mobile menu

External tags
Thread poster: MIKA JÄRVELIN
Local time: 14:58
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 22, 2005

Hi all. I'm facing an sudden error. My trados 6.5 started to translated the external tags to and i cant make it quit. I tried with the Translation Memory Option, but the style doesn't show up on the list. Is it trados or Word fault or...? the style is tw4wi3nExternal.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:58
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Trados does not translate anything Feb 22, 2005

You are the one, who does.
The format for external TAGs is protected.
So usually you shouldn´t be able to edit them without special precautions. The format for them reads: tw4winExternal
If the name of your format differs, it may be the cause.
You may also want to check, if the style is correct set.
They should (usually, unles not changed) appear grey.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

External tags

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs