Thread poster: IanW (X)
IanW (X)
IanW (X)
Local time: 11:16
German to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2005

Dear all,

I have Trados 6.5.1.406 running on Windows XP. I'm having a problem with Tag-Editor at the moment, namely that whenever I try to open a TTX file which I had previously created (from a PPT), I get the following error message:

(40007): Error reading TTX file header: A leading surrogate character was not followed by a legal second character

This happens when I turn the computer on again or work from a different computer. Of course, I can simply creat
... See more
Dear all,

I have Trados 6.5.1.406 running on Windows XP. I'm having a problem with Tag-Editor at the moment, namely that whenever I try to open a TTX file which I had previously created (from a PPT), I get the following error message:

(40007): Error reading TTX file header: A leading surrogate character was not followed by a legal second character

This happens when I turn the computer on again or work from a different computer. Of course, I can simply create a new TTX file and translate to fuzzy, but it's still very annoying. Does anyone know what's wrong here?

Many thanks

Ian
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Upgrade to 6.5.5 Feb 28, 2005

I guess you can upgrade to Trados 6.5.5 free of charge and hopefully this will cure your problem.

Another thought - do you (try to) open these TTX files with SDL Edit? It sometimes gets some things wrong when saving back to TTX, but works alright most of the time.

HTh

Piotr

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Confirmed Apr 7, 2005

Hi again,
Having encountered the same error message (#40007), I sent the TTX file to Trados support. They identified a problem that's been resolved with 6.5.5.

Best regards,
Ralf

Sandra Lang
Sandra Lang
Argentina
Local time: 07:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
a solution that worked for me [watch if this symbol appears on the TAG file (Nº) ] Jan 25, 2007

I got the same error message today while working with a .ppt file converted to tag editor. At the begging of the tagged file, it appears the symbol (Nº), which is NOT in the original file. It seems this symbol is created during the conversion. What I did, was skipping this symbol in tag editor and then when I closed the program and tried to reopen the file, it worked.

What happened before is that I translated the file but while I tried to open it again after saving, the program wo
... See more
I got the same error message today while working with a .ppt file converted to tag editor. At the begging of the tagged file, it appears the symbol (Nº), which is NOT in the original file. It seems this symbol is created during the conversion. What I did, was skipping this symbol in tag editor and then when I closed the program and tried to reopen the file, it worked.

What happened before is that I translated the file but while I tried to open it again after saving, the program would not allow me to open the file. I was not able to clean it up either.

I hope this is useful! Watch out for the (Nº) symbol and skip it!
Collapse

Jaroslav Kafka
Jaroslav Kafka
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
occurrs also in Trados 7.5.0.759 Mar 1, 2007

I receive the error message "(40007): Error reading TTX file header: Got an unexpected trailing surrogate character" when I try to open a file I saved few minutes ago.
Does anyone happen to know the reason?

Helene Olsen Richards
Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:16
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Error Reading TTX Aug 14, 2010

Hello

Does anyone know where I can download the 6.5.5 fix for this?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Look in your account at www.sdl.com Aug 14, 2010

If you find it there, that's fine, but I am afraid there is no patch for this available anymore.
You can certainly look for patches at http://talisma.sdl.com - maybe there is still something, but I did not succeed in finding.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Must be in your account Aug 14, 2010

It was described in article 1487, which in the meantime was removed from the KB.

However, you should have the file in your customer account (it probably was build 6.5.5441.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor: (40007) Error reading TTX

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »