Trados 5.5 and cross-references
Thread poster: Lida Garcia

Lida Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 5, 2005

Hi everybody,
I am having problems when translating with trados in documents with cross-references.
I get the message (Error! La autoreferencia al marcador no es válida)when accepting a segment after translating it...this is an example of what I get:
Translation: La barra de herramienta personalizable se agrega a la pestaña Toolsbars y se muestra como una barra de herramientas vacía en la pantalla principal (¡Error! La autoreferencia al marcador no es válida.).
I cut and paste the gray segment (cross-reference) into the segment translated before Alt + ...what am I doing wrong? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Alison Schwitzgebel
Local time: 11:07
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
What versions are you using? Mar 5, 2005

Hi Lida!

What is your exact Trados build number (in workbench, go to -> Help, -> About, there should be a longish number at the top of that window.

What operating system are you using and what version of windows?

The more information you give us, the more we can help you.

Lida Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Build number Mar 5, 2005

Thank u, Alison
the build number es
I am using Windows XP, but had the same problem with Windows 98.
My Office es 2000.
Thanks again)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 and cross-references

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs