Thread poster: Fabricio Castillo
Fabricio Castillo
Fabricio Castillo  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:42
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 11, 2005

I've just got Trados 6.5.5.438, after years of using 5. Problem: I create a database in MT, then link it to WB, enable Term recognition, etc., but no term appears in the window, neither seems to be recognized. What's wrong?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:42
English to German
+ ...
MT Version? Mar 11, 2005

Hi Fabricio,
Which version of MultiTerm are you using (the full version number, please)?

Best regards,
Ralf

Fabricio Castillo
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version 6.2.0.267 Mar 11, 2005

Hi Ralf,
It's Version 6.2.0.267.
I've been testing it, no problems with creating new entries from Word (2000), but still no news about recognizing a single word...

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Outdated version Mar 11, 2005

Hi again,
Build 267 is an outdated version; this might be the problem, but not necessarily so (have a look at this KB article for the patch upgrade to build 287).

Let me ask you a few questions:

You mentioned that you "linked" MT to WB, but in the absence of specific info, and just to be on the safe side:

In Options - Term Recognition
... See more
Hi again,
Build 267 is an outdated version; this might be the problem, but not necessarily so (have a look at this KB article for the patch upgrade to build 287).

Let me ask you a few questions:

You mentioned that you "linked" MT to WB, but in the absence of specific info, and just to be on the safe side:

In Options - Term Recognition Options:
- Terminology Provider = MultiTerm iX?
- Termbase location correct?
- Language direction correct?

Have you tried (re-)registering Trados components?

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Fabricio Castillo
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Patch installed, still doesn't work... Mar 16, 2005

Hi Ralf,
I installed the patch, still MT does not work with WB. I contacted TechSupport, but I no longer have free support. 30 days have gone by...
Should I try donwnloading a new version? Do something else?
Fabricio

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Checking a few details... Mar 16, 2005

Hi again,
A few things to check:

- Has the updated version been installed successfully? (Open Windows Explorer and go to the TRADOS - MTiX - MultiTerm folder. Place your mouse over MultiTermMtServer.dll, for example - what's the version number displayed in the mouseover popup?)

- Try (re-)registering the software after patch installation (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5).

- What are your settings in Options - Term
... See more
Hi again,
A few things to check:

- Has the updated version been installed successfully? (Open Windows Explorer and go to the TRADOS - MTiX - MultiTerm folder. Place your mouse over MultiTermMtServer.dll, for example - what's the version number displayed in the mouseover popup?)

- Try (re-)registering the software after patch installation (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5).

- What are your settings in Options - Term Recognition? Check the terminology provider, termbase location and language selection.

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Fabricio Castillo
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eventualy it worked!!! Mar 16, 2005

Hell, it DID work!!!!!
Ralf,
I checked the version of the .dll, it was ok. Then I re-registered my version. Afterwards, it was running in demo mode. I located the .lic file, set it, restarted the application, run again TM and... voliá! It worked.
Summing up: maybe a problem the patch solved, but as you said, it might have needed to register the software again. Whatever it was, it worked.
Thank you SO much!
Best regards from the South Patagonia, Argentina.
Fab
... See more
Hell, it DID work!!!!!
Ralf,
I checked the version of the .dll, it was ok. Then I re-registered my version. Afterwards, it was running in demo mode. I located the .lic file, set it, restarted the application, run again TM and... voliá! It worked.
Summing up: maybe a problem the patch solved, but as you said, it might have needed to register the software again. Whatever it was, it worked.
Thank you SO much!
Best regards from the South Patagonia, Argentina.
Fabricio
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't see recognized terms from MT in WB

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »