Deleted terms with a certain source
Thread poster: xxxIanW
xxxIanW
Local time: 21:17
German to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2005

Dear all,

I work with Trados 6.5.5.438 and Multiterm 552.257 running on Windows XP.

I have a very large multiterm database about 95% of which consists of terms from a certain source which are of no use to me at all. Is there a simple way to delete all terms with this source and leaving the remaining terms in the termbase?

Any ideas very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:17
Dutch to English
+ ...
File -> Maintenance Mar 24, 2005

You can use filters in the Maintenance area. You can, for example, select filters that will find segments that have all been produced on the same date (or within a range of dates) or by the same person.

Another option is to export the memory and physically delete the segments in, say, Word (this may be easier than using the Maintenance option but will depend on how large your memory is and whether you can easily find the segments you wish to delete).

xxxdgmaga
English to Spanish
Export and import into a new termbase or use the MultiTerm API Mar 24, 2005

Ian Winick wrote:
I have a very large multiterm database about 95% of which consists of terms from a certain source which are of no use to me at all. Is there a simple way to delete all terms with this source and leaving the remaining terms in the termbase?

Hi, Ian,

One way would be to create a filter which only shows the entries which do not have that source. Export all the entries that meet this criterium and then import the XML into a new termbase.

If you don't want to create a new database, the only other way would be to use the MultiTerm API to run a macro or something which goes entry by entry, check if it meets the criterium (not having that source) and deleting the entry if doesn't.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleted terms with a certain source

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs