https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/30754-word%3A_task_bar_gone_missing.html

Word: task bar gone missing...........
Thread poster: edlih_be
edlih_be
edlih_be
Local time: 07:26
Flemish to English
+ ...
Mar 25, 2005

OK, let me explain. I was working with Trados and started to translate a footnote (which opened in second Word file). Upon translating it, I accidentally hit the 'X' in the top right corner, which closed the footnote Word file. When I went back to the translation Word file, the whole task bar (with 'File', 'View', 'Options' etc) had gone. I've looked around but can't get it to come back.
Even when I open other Word files, the task bar still doeesn't show.
I've even re-loaded Microsof
... See more
OK, let me explain. I was working with Trados and started to translate a footnote (which opened in second Word file). Upon translating it, I accidentally hit the 'X' in the top right corner, which closed the footnote Word file. When I went back to the translation Word file, the whole task bar (with 'File', 'View', 'Options' etc) had gone. I've looked around but can't get it to come back.
Even when I open other Word files, the task bar still doeesn't show.
I've even re-loaded Microsoft Office, but the problem still persists.

Anyone got any ideas how I can get to the bottom of this mess?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Luis
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Mar 25, 2005

...to Trados Support.

On a general note, it would be helpful if you could specify the versions of Trados and Word you're working with.

In this case, this article from the Trados KB should help.

Best regards,
Ralf

edlih_be
edlih_be
Flemish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf Mar 25, 2005

Thanks for the help - it worked a treat.

Luis

Suzanne Deveson
Suzanne Deveson  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Does anyone have a new link to this article? Dec 8, 2010

Hi,

I know this is a very old thread, but I have the same problem, and the link to the article no longer works. Can anyone please send me a new link or explain how to get my task bar back? I work with Word 2003 and SDL 2006.

Tia,

Kind regards,

Suzanne

Suzanne Deveson
Suzanne Deveson  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Found the article Dec 8, 2010

Hi,

I found the article in another thread, so anyone with the same problem, here is the link for the knowledge base: http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=1550&r=0.91078

I was a bit hesitant to try this solution, but it has worked. The task bar is back.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word: task bar gone missing...........

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »