Mobile menu

Translated text colours
Thread poster: marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 30, 2005

Hello,

after having changed the translated text colours to "leave unchanged", I cannot go back to my usual colour settings (100% red, fuzzy dark green).
They go all red.
I have read the previous threads in this forum but it really doesn't look like a solution, as it was working perfectly fine before without having to pretranslate anything.
Does someone know why Trados (6.5) does not differentiate between 100% and fuzzy matches anymore?

Thanks a lot

Marianna

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:39
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... Apr 5, 2005

Hi Marianna,
Can you please indicate the full version number (go to Help - About... to find out)?

Thanks, Ralf

marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version Apr 5, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Marianna,
Can you please indicate the full version number (go to Help - About... to find out)?

Thanks, Ralf

Sure: Trados 6.5.2.417 (build 417).

Thanks!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:39
English to German
+ ...
Contact Trados support Apr 13, 2005

Hi again,
Generally, I would suggest to upgrade to the latest version (build 441). That said, I'm not sure whether the problem is related.

A few more questions...

- Does the problem occur with one specific document, or generally?
- Could a specific Word formatting (e.g. text colours) be in conflict here?
- Can you describe the settings you changed, in detail?

Basically, one would need to look at the document...

Best regards,
Ralf

marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will get in contact with Trados Apr 18, 2005

The problem occurs with all types of document regardless of formatting, so I will get in contact with Trados.
Only, I do not have a Support Contract. How's the procedure in this case?
Thanks a lot

Marianna

marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Support says that Apr 21, 2005

Hello there,

Trados support says that: “When you translate interactively (i.e. opening and closing segments by clicking on the buttons or by using the shortcut keys or menu commands), the colour you've selected for 100% matches will be applied to any translation you confirm with Set/Close (or Set/Close Next Open/Get). Even if you type a new translation, this will be considered as a 100% match as soon as you Set/Close the segment. That's the normal behaviour.”

Now, my question is: what’s the point in colour-coding during interactive translation if everything is displayed in the same colour anyway?

During the last revision stage, I usually hide source text to focus on the translated text: I won’t be able to spot repetitions by colours nor by any other visual means.

But the big mystery is: it was working differently before, i.e. target text no match was one colour, target text fuzzy match (higher than 75%) was another, and 100% matches were still another. This is true for Wordfast as well, which also makes a clear distinction between target no match and target fuzzy (setup/col).
Why all this is no more in Trados and why everybody else thinks it’s normal I really don’t understand.

Thanks for your insights.

P.S. I have upgraded to the latest version (441)...

Marianna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text colours

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs