Thread poster: Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 00:56
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 1, 2005

I have Trados Freelance 6.5.5.438 (newest) and Office XP.

The word spellchecker used to be available as a plugin option in TagEditor, but has now completely disappeared, so I only have Wintertree. I have tried reinstalling Trados, reinstalling Office Xp, but no go. Is there any way I can enable this plugin again?

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 01:56
English to German
Try executing $SelfRegister_2KXP.bat Apr 1, 2005

Anne Seerup wrote:
Is there any way I can enable this plugin again?

I had the same problem. After double-clicking $SelfRegister_2KXP.bat (in the TT subfolder) everything worked again. This batch file registers all Trados dlls with the OS.

Good luck,
Olaf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Good suggestion - there's a menu command Apr 1, 2005

Hi Olaf,
Good suggestion - in T6.5.x, a link to that batch file is provided: Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5.

Best, Ralf

Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no go Apr 1, 2005

I tried to register but the plugin is still missing although I can see it in the TT folder. It is very strange. There is also another checker which I need to plugin, but that won't appear either. Both are located in the TT folder.

I used to have the Word spellchecker, and nothing has changed except for the Trados build.

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Try the new patch Apr 1, 2005

Hi Anne,

Trados has just released a new patch for Workbench (build 441) which addresses some problems in TagEditor, among other things.

Here is the Knowledge Base article:

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1487

Here is part of the message I received from Trados on Wednesday:
... See more
Hi Anne,

Trados has just released a new patch for Workbench (build 441) which addresses some problems in TagEditor, among other things.

1. Go to https://trados.subscribenet.com and log in with your login ID (typically your e-mail address) and password.
2. Click TRADOS 6.5 Freelance Version 6.5.5.439 in the product list.
3. You will be re-directed to a list of downloadable files.
4. Select the TRADOS 6.5 Freelance Patch Release (6.5.5.441) for download.
5. Follow the instructions as described in the above Knowledge Base article to update your installation to TRADOS 6.5.5.441.

Applying the patch might solve your problem.

All the best,

Giles
Collapse

Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't seem to have an account Apr 2, 2005

Hi Giles,
Thanks for telling me about this patch. However, I don't seem to have an account with the customer center - is it free to get one? (I have already written to the customer center). So I will have to wait and see what they have to say.
For now I will try to uninstall Trados and clean the registry in Windows, sometimes that helps.

Very annoying problem though on top of a tight deadline.

Best,

Anne

Giles Watson wrote:

Hi Anne,

1. Go to https://trados.subscribenet.com and log in with your login ID (typically your e-mail address) and password.
2. Click TRADOS 6.5 Freelance Version 6.5.5.439 in the product list.
3. You will be re-directed to a list of downloadable files.
4. Select the TRADOS 6.5 Freelance Patch Release (6.5.5.441) for download.
5. Follow the instructions as described in the above Knowledge Base article to update your installation to TRADOS 6.5.5.441.

Applying the patch might solve your problem.

All the best,

Giles

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Free access, but you need an account Apr 2, 2005

Hi Anne,
However, I don't seem to have an account with the customer center - is it free to get one?

Yes, AFAIK.

That said, I'm not sure that this is related to the patch to build 441; the Word spellchecker works in 6.5.2.417/419 and 6.5.5.438/439.

Do you have multiple versions of Trados on your machine?

Best regards,
Ralf

Anne Seerup
Anne Seerup
Ireland
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Apr 2, 2005

Hi Ralf,

Tested it on another computer (same specs), and it works perfectly. At this stage I am sure that is has to do with either registry keys or perhaps files from previous Trados installations that interfere.
So perhaps a thorough "spring" cleaning is the only solution here.

Best,

Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word spellchecker plugin missing from TagEditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »