Thread poster: Terese Whitty

Terese Whitty
United States
Local time: 14:51
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
Apr 3, 2005

Hi,

I use Trados Freelance 6.5. I now have a client that uses SDXL and I have downloaded the free lite version. But it would be a lot easier for me if I could just import the file into Trados Tag Editor (the file seems to have a lot of tags). I was able to export the file to Trados and open it in word, but there are so many tags. I exported it to Trados Tag .ttx format but when I try to open the document in Tag Editor it says this:

The DTD settings file (descriptive name: "OpenTag") for this document could not be found. Last time this document was saved the settings file was: \opentag.ini Would you like to locate it now and add it to the existing DTD settings file list?

This is where I am stuck. I do not know how to continue. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 22:51
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Try with SDL Exchange Apr 3, 2005

Hi Terese,

There are some utilities called Xtra Features to be downloaded from the SDL web site (SDL Exchange, SDL Utilities and SDL XLIFF).

SDL Exchange is the one you might need, if you really prefer to use TagEditor: once you have installed SDL Exchange and opened it, you can choose from the dropdown menu "Convert SDLX to TagEditor".

I had tested it the other way round with an *.xtg file and worked fine.

Giuliana

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Get the opentag.ini here Apr 4, 2005

when I try to open the document in Tag Editor it says this:

The DTD settings file (descriptive name: "OpenTag") for this document could not be found. Last time this document was saved the settings file was: \opentag.ini Would you like to locate it now and add it to the existing DTD settings file list?

This is where I am stuck. I do not know how to continue. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance!

Hi Terese,

I posted the opentag.ini file here.

http://syntax.webline.pl/opentag.ini

You can save it to your computer and point TagEditor to it.

But depending on how SDL Exchange works, you will or won't be able to open the file in SDL Edit Light when you convert it back. Hopefully your client will be able to do it with their SDLX Elite, because Elite is the version that makes files for SDLX Light.

HTH

Piotr

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Updated link to opentag.ini Feb 2, 2009

It appears that the opentag.ini is in demand four years later. Since then my previous hosting provider went out of business, so the right link to download the file is:

http://syntax.home.pl/opentag.ini

HTH

Piotr

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

when I try to open the document in Tag Editor it says this:

Hi Terese,

I posted the opentag.ini file here.

http://syntax.webline.pl/opentag.ini

You can save it to your computer and point TagEditor to it.

But depending on how SDL Exchange works, you will or won't be able to open the file in SDL Edit Light when you convert it back. Hopefully your client will be able to do it with their SDLX Elite, because Elite is the version that makes files for SDLX Light.

HTH

Piotr

dieperle
English to Polish
+ ...
opentag.ini doesn't work Nov 8, 2012

Hi Piotr!

I've downloaded your opentag.ini file to open a .ttx file that I exported from an .itd file. I can see that the required .ini file is opentag.ini (F3). But your file doesn't work. Could you perhaps help this time as well? I use SDL Trados 2007, both SDLX and TagEditor (8.3.0.863).

Gosia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with opening a file from SDXL in Trados Tag Editor

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs