https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/31094-lock_segments_in_workbench_65.html

Lock segments in Workbench 6.5
Thread poster: Denise Satchell
Denise Satchell
Denise Satchell
Local time: 07:34
English to Portuguese
Apr 6, 2005

In Trados 6.5 LSP, does anyone know how to lock segments that are 100% so that I can send them to the translators already locked/greyed out?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:34
English to German
+ ...
Which file format? Apr 6, 2005

Hi Denise,
Are you referring to files processed in TagEditor?

Best, Ralf

Denise Satchell
Denise Satchell
Local time: 07:34
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Lock segments Apr 6, 2005

No, I refer to the ability to simply lock segments so that the translator is unable to translate a particular segment, ie one wishes to protect the name of a product, or simply a segment that has 100% match.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
XTranslate? Apr 6, 2005

Hi again,
The only thing I can think of is using the XTranslate Wizard - have a look at the documentation which was installed with T6.5, or download the XTranslate Wizard User Guide from TranslationZone.

HTH, Ralf

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Use XTranslate or mark files up as XTranslate Apr 6, 2005

Denise Satchell wrote:

In Trados 6.5 LSP, does anyone know how to lock segments that are 100% so that I can send them to the translators already locked/greyed out?

If your files are ttx files you could open them in Notepad and search for Tu MatchPercent="100" and replace it with
Tu MatchPercent="101" this will "promote" all 100% matches to grey XU (xtranslate) matches. You could then instruct the translators to ignore all Xtranslate matches. Of course, if you have an XTranslate license you should use XTranslate instead.

Olaf

[Edited at 2005-04-06 16:02]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lock segments in Workbench 6.5

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »