Mobile menu

Trados Cross-referencing issue
Thread poster: Kathy Lee
Kathy Lee  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 7, 2005

I'm using Trados 6.5 and when doing job in word format, a big Green question mark appeared after I clean the document up.
The possible reason why this happens would be the use of cross-reference graphs. But the point is: how should I avoid such green question marks from appearing?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:40
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Trados bookmark handler macro Apr 7, 2005

would be the answer for such problems, if there are bookmarks, crossreferencies and so on in your document.
Befor starting the Trados translation this macro should be applied and then reapplied after the translation is finished.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
Have moved the topic to Trados Support Forum

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Trados Bookmark Handler... Apr 7, 2005

...would indeed be the solution, if only it worked!
This is the single particular issue with Trados that I find extremely annoying - how bad Trados handles cross-references in Word. Earlier this week we spent almost two days fixing a lengthy document where the xrefs (or more precisely: their target bookmarks) had been completely mangled.

We've tried the Bookmark Handler before and it's just not cutting it. Always crashes after x handled bookmarks (50 or so). Asked Trados about it and they said something along the lines of "Yeah, we know. That's a limitation the Bookmark Handler has". Why, thanks very much...

Frustrated,
Benjamin

Yourcells
Local time: 11:40
English to Chinese
thank you Jul 24, 2008

The Bookmark Handler macro does work, thank you.

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Use Ando Tools Jul 24, 2008

tectranslate wrote:

...would indeed be the solution, if only it worked!

Google for Ando Tools and use it. It's one of the "must have" add-ons to Trados. Some time ago I have asked author to add bookmark handling feature and it's there

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Cross-referencing issue

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs