Mobile menu

Closing a segment.....
Thread poster: edlih_be

Local time: 13:22
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2005

I bought Trados a while ago and have just got around to learning how to use it. Anyway, I started to do some work on a document, but after a while got fed up as it was taking too long, and went back to translating without Trados.
The only problem is that there's one segment open, which I can't shut down - no matter what I try. I've type-in the translated word in the yellow segment and am now stuck - can't move to the next sentence and can't close that particular segment. The fact that this segment is open, prevents me from closing-down the document.

Is there anyone out there who can help me out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:22
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Restore Source/Fix Document Apr 8, 2005

Hi Luis,

You can try the "Restore Source" command from the Trados menu. If that doesn't help, use "Fix Document" One of the two should do the trick.

Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:22
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
or close the segment with saving it Apr 8, 2005

or you can close the segment without saving it using the red close bracket ")". It works all the times.

Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Closing a segment.....

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs