Thread poster: edlih_be
edlih_be
edlih_be
Local time: 08:48
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2005

Hi,

I bought Trados a while ago and have just got around to learning how to use it. Anyway, I started to do some work on a document, but after a while got fed up as it was taking too long, and went back to translating without Trados.
The only problem is that there's one segment open, which I can't shut down - no matter what I try. I've type-in the translated word in the yellow segment and am now stuck - can't move to the next sentence and can't close that particular segment. T
... See more
Hi,

I bought Trados a while ago and have just got around to learning how to use it. Anyway, I started to do some work on a document, but after a while got fed up as it was taking too long, and went back to translating without Trados.
The only problem is that there's one segment open, which I can't shut down - no matter what I try. I've type-in the translated word in the yellow segment and am now stuck - can't move to the next sentence and can't close that particular segment. The fact that this segment is open, prevents me from closing-down the document.

Is there anyone out there who can help me out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Luis
Collapse

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 07:48
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Restore Source/Fix Document Apr 8, 2005

Hi Luis,

You can try the "Restore Source" command from the Trados menu. If that doesn't help, use "Fix Document" One of the two should do the trick.

HTH
Heike

Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:48
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
or close the segment with saving it Apr 8, 2005

or you can close the segment without saving it using the red close bracket ")". It works all the times.

Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Closing a segment.....

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »