Thread poster: TrM Translations
TrM Translations
TrM Translations
Hungary
Local time: 07:01
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Mar 9, 2017

I was working on a large project in Trados 2015 – the project consists of approximately 18K segments – and after a while “System out of Memory Exception” error messages started to pop up. Fortunately it did not affect the project since I was able to continue my work after restarting the computer every time the above message occurred (4 times in 2 days).

Today however, a different error message popped up when I clicked on “Save”: “An error occurred while parsing EntityN
... See more
I was working on a large project in Trados 2015 – the project consists of approximately 18K segments – and after a while “System out of Memory Exception” error messages started to pop up. Fortunately it did not affect the project since I was able to continue my work after restarting the computer every time the above message occurred (4 times in 2 days).

Today however, a different error message popped up when I clicked on “Save”: “An error occurred while parsing EntityName”. After that I was no more able to open my file or do any other actions with it.

The Hungarian SDL vendor suggested the following possible solutions to no avail:
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:7399
http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/6574.html

I did as I was instructed but the line and position in question – which is by the way the very last position of the last line - does not contain any ampersands.

We also tried deleting settings as an alternative solution, but it did not help either.

Could you suggest any other possible solutions so that I could continue working on this file?

Thank you very much for your help. (Please note that I have posted this ticket to the community forums at sdl.com as well)

Istvan
Collapse

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
An idea Mar 9, 2017

1. Make a backup of everything.*
2. Create a new project from the customer's package or files as you originally received them.
3. Include your TM from the "old" project in the "new" project.
4. Pretranslate.

*This is worth saying it again: MAKE A BACKUP FIRST. If you create the new project a bit clumsily, it might overwrite everything you have so far, and you very definitely don't want to lose your work with that.

TrM Translations
TrM Translations
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Restored from backup, nothing is lost; how to continue? Mar 10, 2017

Hi and thank you for the response.

We have now managed to restore a slightly earlier, still uncorrupted version of the files from our backup system. Fortunatelly no work is lost, everything is either in the restored project file or the TM.

It turned out that after the crash the project file was truncated to about a third of its original size.

I am not sure how to carry on working with this project, as it seems that if we keep on working in the same file,
... See more
Hi and thank you for the response.

We have now managed to restore a slightly earlier, still uncorrupted version of the files from our backup system. Fortunatelly no work is lost, everything is either in the restored project file or the TM.

It turned out that after the crash the project file was truncated to about a third of its original size.

I am not sure how to carry on working with this project, as it seems that if we keep on working in the same file, the crash / truncation will just repeat itself in a few hours; I suspect it is because the file is just too large. And I suspect this would also happen if we started a new project.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Istvan
Collapse

TrM Translations
TrM Translations
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To wrap up, a local file works, but not from NAS Mar 22, 2017

We have solved the problem, and I am posting the solution for reference for others.
Such a large file can be opened nicely when it is stored locally. We unfortunatelly stored this specific project on our network file server on our LAN, and I think it wasn't saved properly. Moving it from the NAS (and using our earlier backup) solved the problem.
Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Large Trados 2015 file cannot be opened anymore

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »