Why do I have a clone of my project TM in Studio 2015 and have empty results displayed?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:53
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2017

After a while of translating the TM became cloned, and I have two TMs in the editor window (where the translation takes place, in the upper left part). And I get displayed No matches found on a white background, even though Google Translate is activated so I should have GT results displayed.

I tried moving GT as the first TM (before the project TM), and now have a cloned GT (two GT in this translation results windows). But I always get the results from the right, cloned, GT, which
... See more
After a while of translating the TM became cloned, and I have two TMs in the editor window (where the translation takes place, in the upper left part). And I get displayed No matches found on a white background, even though Google Translate is activated so I should have GT results displayed.

I tried moving GT as the first TM (before the project TM), and now have a cloned GT (two GT in this translation results windows). But I always get the results from the right, cloned, GT, which is always empty. So for each segment I move to, I need to go to this translation results window and click on the left GT TM, and the GT results are then displayed correctly.

I checked my Project settings, and I have my project TM and GT there under All language pairs. However, for this project I have British English set. Does this have anything to do with this issue? Should I move the TM plus GT from All language pairs to British English TM?

I tried that now (moving the TM plus GT to British English), but it did not help.

[Edited at 2017-03-28 05:18 GMT]
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:53
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why is Concordance search window displayed as default and not the TM window? Mar 29, 2017

Always when moving to a new segment it is the Concordance search window that is displayed as default. So for each segment I need to click the tab for the TM window to get the Google Translate or TM hits displayed. Is there any way to change this to the TM window is displayed as default instead?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I have a clone of my project TM in Studio 2015 and have empty results displayed?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »