xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 18, 2005

Windows XP
Trados 6
Word 2000

I was in a desperate rush when I posted this, as I was working against the clock, so let me describe the situation in more detail:

My computer jammed, when working in Word with Trados. I closed down and started up again, knowing I would have to retranslate, but counting on having everything in the trans memory. I found that about 2 pages had NOT been saved in the memory.

This happened a couple of times. Occasionally I couldn't proceed with a segment. I got a code number for an error, which I can't remember now, but it wasn't listed in the Trados help file. I finisghed the translation using oh-so-user-friendly WordFast, as I was getting desperate. In a trial run (with teh WordFast BAK), just now, I got the same error message, but opening and closing a few segments seemed to sort it. Since the problem seems to have resolved itself, I cannot obtain the error message again, however.

The only way I could unjam the computer was closing down every time. Each time I was informed that "ISTsvcWND" had to close (if that means anything to anyone). And when I started up Trados again, it always opened in the memory I had been using in the previous job, i.e. a different memory.

I got a new computer 4 weeks ago, and I have had a series of problems of this kind (jammed texts, and being forced to escape since 'XXX has detected an error and must close'):

first with Word
then with WinAlign
now with Trados

Is it my new computer? Should I return it to the shop?

[Edited at 2005-04-18 20:18]

[Edited at 2005-04-18 20:29]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Apr 18, 2005 Trados Support.

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
It happens Apr 18, 2005

I don't know why, but it's a usual behaviour. A certain number of the last segments is usually lost when Trados is not closed normally. Also, sometimes the database becomes corrupt and it has to be reorganised.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados not saving to memory

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs