Thread poster: Clara Llamas-Gómez
Clara Llamas-Gómez
Clara Llamas-Gómez
Ireland
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 18, 2005

I am using Trados 6.5 freelance and Word 2003 and the Trados menu and toolbar just disappeared from my computer. The MultiTerm menu and toolbar are there and I can open TMs and the Workbench. I've tried contacting Trados but couldn't get help without a support contract... I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:59
English to German
+ ...
Is trados6.dot active? Apr 18, 2005

Hi Clara,
The Trados menu and Workbench toolbar are controlled by the trados6.dot template containing the necessary macros. Is the template active (Tools - Templates and Add-Ins is the command in Word XP)?

Best regards,
Ralf

Clara Llamas-Gómez
Clara Llamas-Gómez
Ireland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot find trados6.dot Apr 18, 2005

Thanks, Ralf. I looked in Templates and Add-ins but I only have MultitermIX.dot there... Where did it go? THanks so much for your help.

Clara

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Clara,
The Trados menu and Workbench toolbar are controlled by the trados6.dot template containing the necessary macros. Is the template active (Tools - Templates and Add-Ins is the command in Word XP)?

Best regards,
Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Copy it from your installation folder Apr 18, 2005

Hi again,
Where did it go?

There's no way I can tell without access to your system, and without knowing what you did before that happened... For example, did you install any other CAT tool?

Assuming you used the default installation options, you can copy the file from the installation folder:

Code:
c:\Program Files\TRADOS\T65_FL\TT\Templates

Copy the template into your Word startup folder (if you don't know where that is, use a search to find out where the copy of MultiTermIX.dot is located.

Best regards,
Ralf

Clara Llamas-Gómez
Clara Llamas-Gómez
Ireland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Apr 18, 2005

Thank you so much, Ralf. It did the trick. I was really in big trouble, I can't thank you enough!

All the best,

Clara

jmleger
jmleger  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:59
English to French
+ ...
It works! Jul 16, 2005

Thanks!

JM

Elinor Thomas
Elinor Thomas  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Menu is still missing, although the 6.dot is there and active Jul 21, 2005

Hi all,

I have the toolbar and it works, but I need my Menu button urgently back! Any idea on how to get it?

Thanks a lot!

Elinor

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More detailed info...? / Trados KB Jul 21, 2005

Hi Elinor,
I have the toolbar and it works, but I need my Menu button urgently back! Any idea on how to get it?

Have you checked the relevant arcitles on the Trados Knowledge Base (search for "Trados menu", for example)?

What versions of Word and Trados are you using (full version numbers, please - thanks!)?

Best regards,
Ralf

Chiara De Santis
Chiara De Santis  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
Dutch to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Ralph! Aug 2, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Clara,

Best regards,
Ralf

Jim Turner
Jim Turner  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Same problem Aug 4, 2005

I had the same problem, I guess it must be caused by a Windows update or Firefox update - strange that so many of us should be suffering from the same problem at once.

Anyway pasting the template in there did the trick, thanks!

Jim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados menu and toolbar disappeared

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »