How to change the User ID
Thread poster: Maria Tulbure

Maria Tulbure  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 19, 2005

I use Trados 6.5.5.438 Freelance. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the User ID. I tried to follow the steps indicated in the documentation, but it was actually impossible. I am told I can change the User ID any time but no TM can be open when I do this. But then, how do I reach 'Settings' if I am not allowed to open the translator's workbench.
Is it so because this is a freelance version? Do I have to re-install it in order to be able to change the User ID?
Thanks.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-19 06:25]

[Edited at 2005-04-20 08:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:19
English to German
+ ...
Use File - Close Apr 19, 2005

Hi Maria,
I am told I can change the User ID any time but no TM can be open when I do this. But then, how do I reach 'Settings' if I am not allowed to open the translator's workbench.

You must distinguish between closing the TM and closing the Workbench application. Use File - Close to close the current TM without closing Workbench.

HTH, Ralf

Maria Tulbure  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:19
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 19, 2005

Thanks a lot! You were of real help. I appreciate your promptitude.
Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change the User ID

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs