Thread poster: Maria Tulbure
Maria Tulbure
Maria Tulbure  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:22
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 19, 2005

I use Trados 6.5.5.438 Freelance. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the User ID. I tried to follow the steps indicated in the documentation, but it was actually impossible. I am told I can change the User ID any time but no TM can be open when I do this. But then, how do I reach 'Settings' if I am not allowed to open the translator's workbench.
Is it so because this is a freelance version? Do I have to re-install it in order to be able to change the User ID?
Thanks.
... See more
I use Trados 6.5.5.438 Freelance. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the User ID. I tried to follow the steps indicated in the documentation, but it was actually impossible. I am told I can change the User ID any time but no TM can be open when I do this. But then, how do I reach 'Settings' if I am not allowed to open the translator's workbench.
Is it so because this is a freelance version? Do I have to re-install it in order to be able to change the User ID?
Thanks.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-19 06:25]

[Edited at 2005-04-20 08:30]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:22
English to German
+ ...
Use File - Close Apr 19, 2005

Hi Maria,
I am told I can change the User ID any time but no TM can be open when I do this. But then, how do I reach 'Settings' if I am not allowed to open the translator's workbench.

You must distinguish between closing the TM and closing the Workbench application. Use File - Close to close the current TM without closing Workbench.

HTH, Ralf

Maria Tulbure
Maria Tulbure  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:22
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 19, 2005

Thanks a lot! You were of real help. I appreciate your promptitude.
Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change the User ID

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »