TRADOS + Dragon
Thread poster: Pablo Grosschmid

Pablo Grosschmid  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 20, 2005

I would appreciate information on experiences, before jumping into it. Until now, I have been using them separately without major problems.

WinXP
Cel. 2.2 Mhz
512 RAM
Office 2003
Trados 6.5 FL
Dragon NS 7 (Spanish)

TIA

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:33
Spanish to English
+ ...
no problems worth mentioning Apr 20, 2005

Pablo Grosschmid wrote:

I would appreciate information on experiences, before jumping into it. Until now, I have been using them separately without major problems.

WinXP
Cel. 2.2 Mhz
512 RAM
Office 2003
Trados 6.5 FL
Dragon NS 7 (Spanish)

TIA

Hi Pablo

I started using Dragon recently, with no problems combining it with Trados, except you have to be very careful that your cursor is positioned correctly. And sometimes when you command it to select a word, it heads off into the text and chooses the wrong word.

Start up Trados as usual, open segment, activate mike, speak, close segment (Alt + Num + saves you the effort of reaching up to click from your easy chair:-))

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS + Dragon

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs