Alexander Chisholm  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:37
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 22, 2005

Windows XP Home Ed.
MS Office XP (fully patched)
Trados ver 6.5.2.417 (build 417)

I have been using Trados v 6.5 with no problems for the past 18 months or so. A couple of days I reinstalld the software and, after a few teething troubles (i.e. manually relocating the trados .dot file to the correct startup folder etc) I managed to get everything running. However, every time I move to a new TU, I get a brown error message (-1073741818) (-1073741819) (null) - aside from this all functionality seems to be restored.

I have searched the Trados forum and seen that registration may be a problem, I have repeated registration and the problem remains.

I am using a dongle licence, so there shouldn't be any problem with this.

can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this bothersome error message?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
MultiTerm? Apr 23, 2005

Hi Alexander,
Are you using MultiTerm? If yes - which version (full version number, please)?

You may want to consider upgrading to build 441, though.

Best, Ralf

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm version Apr 23, 2005

6.2.0.267 (build 267)

Is there an update available, if so where can i download it?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TranslationZone Apr 24, 2005

Hi Alexander,
6.2.0.267 (build 267)

Hmmm... my suspicion was that you might have been using a later version - IIRC Workbench build 417 and MTiX build 267 were compatible.

Is there an update available, if so where can i download it?

The current Workbench version is build 441; the current MTiX version is build 287. Downloads are available from TranslationZone; however, you may need to first contact Trados to get the upgrade from build 417 to 438/439 before you can apply the latest patch.

Best regards,
Ralf

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
have a similar problem with "illegal index" -2147467259... in 441 FL version Apr 25, 2005

with a perfectly normal TM starting to misbehave. The error comes up, when no translation can be found for the segment open - which is VERY uncomfortable if one tries to pretranslate big stuff ...-

I recreated the TM by exporting and building from scratch - same effect. I reinstalled the patch - same thing.

There ARE TMs around, however, which (still?) do not misbehave in this fashion, so it must be something in the TM.

No, Im not using MultiTerm

smo

PS: maybe this should be a new topic, but otoh it's pretty much a similar subject. Any hint to trados own places with the information about this kind of strange events would be also welcome.

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have successfully downloaded ... Apr 25, 2005

Trados build 438 and
Multiterm build 279

I will install them later when I have a break in work and post the results.

Many thanks to all who contributed suggestions etc.

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installation of the downloads ... Apr 28, 2005

... seems to have fixed all problems.

Incidentally, I noticed that the above problem affected interaction with multiterm.

Although it appeared to have no real effects on how Trados itself worked (files were translated, analysed, cleaned etc.), I noticed that it wasn't finding Multiterm terms that I knew were in the Termbase being used at the time.

Just a point to mention.

Anyway as I said, thanks to all who contributed to the posting.

Cheers.

Sandy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Ver 6.5 null error following reinstallation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs