Making Trados 20017 copy source text to target segment AND apply MT right after it
Thread poster: Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:44
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 15, 2017

Hi there,

A client of mine asked me to translate a file. The thing is that I have to place my translation in the same file right after the English source text (cell by cell, since I have an Excel spreadsheet).

i do understand that I have to copy source segments text to target segments in Trado 2017, and then just type in the translation. On the other hand, Google Translate speeds the whole process up considerably. So, here is the question:

Is there any func
... See more
Hi there,

A client of mine asked me to translate a file. The thing is that I have to place my translation in the same file right after the English source text (cell by cell, since I have an Excel spreadsheet).

i do understand that I have to copy source segments text to target segments in Trado 2017, and then just type in the translation. On the other hand, Google Translate speeds the whole process up considerably. So, here is the question:

Is there any functionality that can help me both copy the course segment AND put MT of this very source segment next after it in the target text pane?

Thank you!
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:44
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bilingual Excel file type Jul 15, 2017

Hi Vadim,

I believe this is what you need:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2015/06/the-new-bilingual-excel-file-type-in.html

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:44
English to Russian
No Jul 16, 2017

There is no magic wand for this in Studio.

[Edited at 2017-07-16 14:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making Trados 20017 copy source text to target segment AND apply MT right after it

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »